The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Petty Minded Left-Wing Media

Petty Minded Left-Wing Media

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
'BBC News' on MSM today reports a handshake struggle between Trump and French president, Macron.

It was a “vigorous handshake” which continued “for several seconds” as the combatants “looked each other fixedly in the eyes” until – you guessed it – Trump “attempted to disengage”.

Oh, and their knuckles “turned white”.

Not much else the Left media can do to prove their utter childishness.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 May 2017 10:17:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Considering the excessive amount of coverage the mainstream media devoted to S Corby's release, I think that's the least of your worries. And it's not just leftwing media - they're all at it!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 29 May 2017 3:32:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Washington post has given us a Harvard study
which gives the following media coverage of President
Trump as compared to the last three Presidents:

The Tone of the media coverage has been:

Trump - 80% negative and 20% positive.

Obama - 41% negative and 59% positive.

G W Bush - 57% negative and 43% positive.

Clinton - 60% negative and 40% positive.

We are told that Trump has created this for himself.
His haphazard manner of governance and his behaviour
in general has a tendency to eclipse even the good news.

As the Washington Post states -

It is fair to point to specific stories and narratives
in the media that are not fair to President Trump.
And it is right to ask questions. But the fact that
even Fox News which is right -leaning, whose coverage
President Trump isn't positive pretty much says it all.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 May 2017 4:33:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

It's not one of my "worries" at all. I humbly apologise for not mentioning the convicted drug courier whom I have no interest in at all.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 May 2017 9:27:54 PM
Foxy, you have to stop reading, or at least believing anything printed in a rubbish red rag like the Washington Post. They will never print anything truthful.

Ttbn wouldn't it be lovely if we could just get the message to even one media outlet that all this stuff about Corby, or Diana, the tart who married a prince is counter productive.

I reckon there is a huge market for the first media outlet that stopped entirely publishing this garbage, & introduced serious news & current affairs again.

Actually I really think it is a gender thing. As news rooms have been filled with young ladies who were great at English literature, the content of news reports has deteriorated to the point where "human interest" & celebrity gossip is all any of them produce
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 29 May 2017 10:06:54 PM
Dear Hassie,

My information is obtained not only from the
Washington Post but from a variety of American
media. Your criticism is not valid.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 May 2017 11:10:36 PM
I couldn't believe the media scramble over Corby. She might not be everyone's princess but the antics of the media are just revolting, I doubt she asked or wanted any of it..they were like dogs on a bone.

The white knuckled handshake by Trump and Macron? what utter rubbish. Trump can't sneeze without the media waffling on, is there so little news in the world these day that white knuckles even deserve a mention?

Personally I think Trump a bit of a buffoon, even though I consider myself fairly right wing, (except for the fact I dislike Turnbull).... and other than closing America's borders somewhat and appparently gasbagging to Russia (which seems to be against the rules) he appears to be much the same as any other useless world leader these days
Posted by moonshine, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 8:01:13 AM
Abbott was useless and so is Trump. That handshake shows the annoyance Trump is creating around the world. France and Germany and of course that bloke that got shoved out of the way. The mans a pig. He has no mannerism. He is supposed to be a world leader. yet he says he would be honored to meed to meet with Korea.

With a bit of luck they will confiscate him.
Posted by doog, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 8:20:58 AM
News Inc, or the Electronic Whorehouse must have known "ratings" were flagging given the imminent return of Corby to our sun soaked shores...queue the next bit of fluff in the form of 'Crack Ho Cassie in Columbia'. All so droll and predictable....zzzz. At least the Indonesians got it right with Chambers and Barlow.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 11:21:03 AM
Hasbeen,

Yes it would be good to be free of the rubbish that passes for news these days. And despite her protests that your comments on Foxy are “not valid”, you are spot on. Some people read only what suits them.

Moonshine,

Trump is certainly his own worst enemy personality wise, but I think it's better to have a “buffoon” who wants to get things done and repair years of Democrat damage than one of the professional 'smoothies' who are lining their pockets while wrecking the joint.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 11:45:51 AM
I do agree with you there ttbn, Trump just comes across as a clumsy oaf sometimes, even though I know that can't be true..can it?

America's other choice..Hilary Clinton..was enough to drag out the vomit bucket in my humble opinion.

I didn't actually mind Abbott in a lot of ways, no-one is perfect but like Trump, he sometimes had a way of sticking his foot in it. The alternative (Turnbull) lost the Libs my vote last elections, I'm just not into fake, snakeoil salesmen, which he comes across as, to me anyway. Not to mention the backstabbing act, which just made the Libs as big a joke as the last Labor government ended up being.
Posted by moonshine, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 11:55:25 AM
That infamous back stabbing had to take place as Abbott was taking us in a direction of a one man govt; he wanted to be just like Castro, or Sadam Hussein. Him and Trump would get on fine, two of a kind. Trump in bed with the Russians, it's not going to end well for Trump. You can not go around the world insulting people.
Posted by doog, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 12:30:38 PM
Dear ttbn,

Inevitably everyone will be guilty of some measure of bias -
the tendency, often unconscious, to interpret things
according to one's own values. This problem becomes
particularly acute in issues whose subject matter often
involves issues of deep human and moral concern.

Never mind. I still like you.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 May 2017 1:49:27 PM
Well, as for me i have not seen any motivation on these at all.
Posted by rollyczar, Wednesday, 31 May 2017 7:34:14 AM
" Abbott was taking us in a direction of a one man govt; "

That is honestly one of the most far fetched sentences I've ever read!
I honestly felt like laughing it was so out of the loop.

So where do you think Turnbull is taking us?

Some of the world leaders absolutely deserve to be insulted half the time, they're so incompetent and useless.
Posted by moonshine, Wednesday, 31 May 2017 10:09:22 AM
The Victorian Branch of the Liberal Party express its grave concern about the destabilisation by the former federal parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party, Tony Abbott, and calls on the federal party to explore whatever means are possible for him not to be endorsed as a Liberal Party candidate in the next federal election.”
They have a target — Abbott — and an objective, which is to curb the influence of the hard right on the Liberal Party.
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 31 May 2017 10:25:15 AM
@ moonshine I'm hoping for a day when things will be at the proper position.
Posted by rollyczar, Thursday, 1 June 2017 5:43:34 AM
@ Doog. And they're doing the same to Pauline Hanson. A full on witch hunt.

Abbott did win them a huge majority back in 2012, Turnbull lost it with a bang. Abbott is very much liked in his electorate so they'd best be careful going there.

Abbott was not perfect for sure, but I felt he was genuine in the way he actually cared where his country was going, but like Trump, he appeared to suffer from foot and mouth disease sometimes.

Shorten is just a pathetic little man, with the personality of a dead dog and I'm a bit worried he might be the next PM.
Posted by moonshine, Thursday, 1 June 2017 9:35:52 AM
Abbott did win them a huge majority, but that was done on the back of untruths told before the election. The DD election was the correct number.
And now they have come back to the center ground of politics, so we could say that experiment failed.
Abbotts' budget was never going to fix anything, that was the budget of a crazed man who was pushing his own agenda that no one else knew about. Abbott had to go.
Posted by doog, Friday, 2 June 2017 11:49:25 AM
The media does not research their stories or provide much depth
and insight into events.

They are a big part of the wrong assessments made in Western countries.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 5 June 2017 11:54:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy