The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The crazies are running the country

The crazies are running the country

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Looks like I have go take back what I said about Dutton. He actually ordered these shonks to be deported. The AAT overturned his decision. It appears that the tribunal has overturned 4,389 of his decisions in 12 months. There is not much point in having an elected government when the decisions are made by bureaucrats - most of them Labor plants.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 9:08:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems to be labor stacked.

AAT(Admin Appeals Tribunal)President is Duncan Kerr, former Keating Govt Minister who was appointed by Julia Gillard as Judge of the Federal Court and President of ATT.

His appointment comes almost a year after Bernard Murphy, the chairman of Labor-linked law firm Maurice Blackburn, was also made a judge of the Federal Court. ...”

Bernard Murphy and Julia Gillard worked for Slater & Gordon,Vic. before he moved to Maurice Blackburn,Vic.

In the ABC interview with Lucy Shannon, Duncan Kerr said:

“...I am a Labor Party man and the next election I will be backing the Labor candidate, whoever it might be. ..”

“..LUCY SHANNON: The other significant issue for Duncan Kerr is human rights, particularly those of refugees. He remains disappointed with his party's refusal to process asylum seekers in Australia and wasn't supportive of the direction Julia Gillard took the issue during the campaign..."

Looks like conflict of interest to me.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:56:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No wonder Trump treats the judges with the contempt they deserve. What sort of traitors would allow these liars to stay in the country? That's right labour and greens.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 11:09:55 PM
If these tribunal members worked 365 days a year they would have to
decide 12 cases every day. If they work the legal year probably
double that number.
As Iran refuses to accept forcibly returned residents I would just
put them on a plane and send them and let them spend the rest of their life in transit.

Yuyutsu: If it was at the risk of being hanged, no I would not take the risk !

Everything is going ding bats !
Julia Bishop is lobbying for Australia to have a place on the
UN Human Rights Commission.
I object to Australia being made a fool of by being on that body.
It always has majority of Islamic countries on it and the other
members have refused to sign the UN Human Rights Treaty,
So what the hell are they doing on it ?

No doubt the Appeals Tribunal takes into account the UN Human Rights
when making their decisions.

God ! How stupid we are !!
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 17 May 2017 2:05:47 PM
Dear Bazz,

Felt the same way when Tim Wilson was picked by Abbott to sit as a human rights commissioner. This was a bloke who wanted it shut down.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 17 May 2017 2:32:23 PM
Then when he left Gillian Triggs took the job,
from mediocre to disastrous.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 17 May 2017 2:43:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy