The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Very Expensive Immigrants

Very Expensive Immigrants

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
leoj,

AFAIK nobody's dispelling the details. But ttbn seems to be assuming the claimants are people who have not worked in this country, whereas I suspect (though I don't assume) that many of them have worked in Australia for years and subsequently retired.

And for this reluctance to jump to conclusions, and my suggestion he exercise similar caution, ttbn trumpishly labels me childish!
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 11 May 2017 1:45:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The all knowing, all seeing the great LeoW with his "I may comment later" statement. eagerly awaited your pearly words of wisdom. Wow Leo. you have proved to be a major disappointment, I was expecting a thunderbolt or two, at least the usual anti Green tirade! What happened, all we got was a pussy cut and paste from Uncle Rupert. Disappointing Leo dissssssapointing.

Was the fact good white folk were included in the stats, not enough Muslims for a pot stiring Hansonite. The only thing worse than being a non citizen, is to be classed as a non person.

Absolutely correct Aidan, there are many of these so called non citizens who have worked for years in Australia and then retired here on the big welfare handout the Aged Pension. There are others who after a qualifying period, and are actively seeking employment, who also receive welfare.

Welcome to the club, joining me and numerous others on ttbn's, I'm not talking to you list. Frankly who cares.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 May 2017 4:46:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There a few here that are stinging from Turnbulls massive shift to the left style budget. That could account for some stump pulling and going home early.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 11 May 2017 8:58:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course, a huge proportion of that 870,000 would be immigrant workers who contributed all their working lives since the 1950s, but haven't bothered to take out citizenship.

But I'm puzzled how the average annual pay-out is around $ 17,240. Since the Age Pension is a lot less than that, how and why and who is getting a lot more than $ 17,240 ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 11 May 2017 9:43:16 AM
Foxy,

You obviously didn't pause to look where I did provide my source on request before you rushed in to tell me what I "need" to do. You "need" to look before you leap. Merely jumping at an opportunity to remonstrate with me is pretty futile, really; it adds nothing to the discussion, and smacks of a personal attack for no valid reason. In the meantime, I will decide what I need to do. I'm sure you do not allow others to decide your 'needs' for you, either.

As for providing evidence of everything I say, I really don't care care about it. I express opinions and make statements based on what I know. Anybody who wishes to take issue with me can always look up the same information I obtain.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 May 2017 10:03:03 AM
Joe,

Are you sure that: “ a huge proportion of that 870,000 would be immigrant workers  ...”? I didn't notice any mention of that. Do you really think that, under our slack system, almost a million non-Australian bludgers could not be lurking out there, never having struck a blow for Australia?

The Age Pension was not an issue; that is available to Australian residents 10 years after arrival. I don't believe that Age Pensions were included as 'welfare' in this particular investigation.

Did you also note that Professor John Wanna said that “...a lot of people in Australia still vote who aren't citizens”. That information is as appalling has his bad grammar! And, if true, indicates that we do not have a clue what is going on behind our backs, thanks to our treacherous, corrupt politicians.
Think about it: foreigners having a say as to who runs (or tries to run) the country. Unbelievable!

I have emailed the Immigration Minister in an attempt to get to the bottom of that one.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 May 2017 10:19:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy