The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It appears one can pretty much do as they like, provided they take their ILLEGAL drugs.

It appears one can pretty much do as they like, provided they take their ILLEGAL drugs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
runner, when did you last get your mental health checked?

I ask because you appear to be experiencing delusions.
Try rereading what AJ actually said. He neither defended nor attacked smoking weed; he merely pointed out that it was a side issue - not (as it appeared to rehctub) the reason why she was found not guilty.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 8 May 2017 5:08:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What an interesting take on things you have there 'DREAMON', perhaps your epithet speaks more loudly than you might think? A killer is a killer, whichever way you cut it my friend! Perhaps a dose of pragmatism might help you better understand. Alternatively, you could juxtapose the events surrounding Raina THAIDAY with Archibald Beattie McCAFFERTY, murderer of four innocent individuals. Also claiming he was just another innocent casualty of the audacious and intrepid McNAGHTON Rule, except Archie missed the boat?
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 8 May 2017 5:17:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that, Aidan.

runner,

What on earth is wrong with you? I never expect you to understand what I say - and, indeed, you never do - but that last misinterpretation was just downright offensive.
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 8 May 2017 5:32:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A.J.PHILIPS...

On this Topic I believe you've explained the position rather well, I thought. Many people who through no fault of their own, when they hear or read an accused person is either unfit to plead, or 'not guilt by reason of insanity' - well they tend to see somewhat myopically, only the bit that states, 'not guilty'. Therefore they may become a little angry, as it's perceived to be an outright acquittal.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 8 May 2017 6:45:23 PM
OH! sung Woo:

" ... A killer is a killer, whichever way you cut it my friend! ... "

Well, plainly, if one "kills" in self-defence that does not make one a murderer does it?

Thus it begs the question of motive, does it not?

Did she perhaps think that her children were invaded by fell Spirits intent on harming her for example?

Did she believe that they were beaming telepathic messages into her head?

You can bet if the case got up in the maddies' court that the motive would have been out there and by definition it would have to be. .. which makes me recall that often times in cases like this the media gets to announce the perpetrator's motive

(and a number of american shooting masssacres come to mind)

but as I haven't been following any of this particularly in the media I am unaware. Perhaps if someone knows they may care to inform us?

Coming back to it, I sense a few of you are struggling with the most profound nature of what it is to be in an altered state of consciousness and why such cases are handled in a special way by the law.

Perhaps for the finer thinkers amongst you, those who take a keen interest in martialling their own thoughts, the associations and interconnections between them, when considering altered states it becomes plain that the very cohesion or linkages between thoughts and ideas fundamentally changes. The person you used to think you were, the way you used to be able to think and feel, is no more.

So, as an individual descends deeper and deeper into mental unhealth, one of the things that can happen is that the associations in writing become increasingly distant, such that to read this kind of material it is if the writer is jumping all over the place.

When an individual becomes acutely unwell and descends into thought form disorder, what we get in writing is the so-called "word salad."
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 8 May 2017 6:55:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi again DREAMON...

I didn't actually use the word 'murderer', nor was there evidence given proving, 'Malace aforethought', one of the constituent Criminal Proofs necessary in the charge of Murder. Nor was a Defence raised, claiming 'Self-Defence taken in evidence. So, with respect I've no idea what it is you're referring too DREAMON?

Furthermore you speculate that; '...did she perhaps think that her children were invaded by 'fell'(sic) Spirits intent on harming her for example...'? None of these scenarios were taken in evidence. Therefore they're not relevant either.

You further go on to state words to the effect; '...you've not been following any of this particularly in the media, I'm unaware...'

That's quite apparent DREAMON, as you again launch into some other speculative process, concerning 'altered states' and 'linkages between thoughts'. and claiming; '...so as a person slips deeper and deeper into mental unhealth'...' and '...one of the things that can happen is the associations in writing become increasingly distant, such that to read this kind of material, it is if the writer is jumping all over the place...'? That my friend is undeniable? Emmmmmm.

Indeed DREAMON. To be very candid with you, I've no idea what it is that you're trying to say to the readership herein? I cannot even follow your syntax, let alone what the general import is, of that particular message. You're trying so hard to convey to us all.

You then went on to say; '...When an individual becomes acutely unwell and descends into thought form disorder, what we get in writing is the so-called 'word salad'...'? Of course we do 'DREAMON'? That's precisely what we get, a 'word salad'? Just another version of good ol' Aussie gobbledygook!

Have a very good evening DREAMON.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 8 May 2017 9:34:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy