The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wealth Victorian Tram Drivers

Wealth Victorian Tram Drivers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
G'day there PAUL1405...

So your son is a Sydney Omnibus driver is he? Well in my humble opinion he'd have one of the toughest, most nerve wracking jobs in the whole of Christendom. To continually have to maneuver a large public vehicle in the CBD of Sydney with masses of traffic, and the 'light rail' disruptions - well I 'dips me lid to 'im', as the Cockney's often say! Taxi drivers complain, and they have a tough gig, so we can only imagine what our bus drivers have to contend with, only worse in my view.

Not just the hazardous driving conditions, but the anti-social passengers, and the many rude and inconsiderate passengers, in fact the whole nine yards! Many a time when I was in uniform we had to deal with minor disturbances and assaults, occasioned upon many of these poor buggers, just trying to do their job. Myself and those I worked with, we generally threw the book at anybody we caught playing up with drivers, their job is bloody hard enough, without some of the City's boofheads carrying on as well. Good on your Son Paul1405.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 1 May 2017 11:58:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I always make a point of saying thank you to a bus driver when I get off.
If you click for the advert you will see it is marked as no longer available !
I'll bet it went off 5 minutes after Steve Price mentioned it !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 1 May 2017 4:07:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Those interested in the salaries of Victorian
Tram drivers should also be aware of how much
the local council staff get paid.

For example according to a recent article in our
local paper our Council's CEO gets $320,000 plus
other perks and five weeks annual leave.
Twenty six Council staff earned from $130,000
to $320,000 in the last year ending last June.
And, the combined incomes of the five most highly
paid officers jumped from $1,106 million to $1,185 plus
million. Each year this is increased even further.
Nice work if you can get it.

And what about our politicians in State and Federal
positions? What are their salaries and perks?

Anyone interested in their jobs?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 May 2017 4:44:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.open.edu.au/careers/transport/drivers-train-tram

What do they do for $180,000?
Posted by leoj, Monday, 1 May 2017 5:08:38 PM
What do they do in local councils for their salaries
or the politicians for theirs?
At least tram drivers drive passengers et cetera.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 May 2017 6:53:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy