The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia is Different

Australia is Different

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
I have to say that I cannot see what most of the stuff has to do with with the thread that I started.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 11:20:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Armchair Critic,

Hells bells mate, are you really going 'I'm the victim here'? The rest is fear mongering at its worst.

Look, if you want to take an anti-extremist stance I'm right there with you and most thinking people would be as well.

It was the latest target you chose which had some of us take issue with and I know you accept that you went too far in doing so.

How about you stop picking on soft targets like grieving mothers and get fair dinkum. For instance I seriously think we as a country should be boycotting Saudi Arabia because of their extensive record of exporting terrorism and funding the spread of Wahhabism. Would you support such a boycott even though it may impact this country with higher oil prices?

Julia Gillard promised $450 million dollars over 10 years to Indonesia to help bring fundemenatalist schools into the mainstream education system within that country. A good investment designed to combat Saudi money from messing up our back yard. Abbott cancelled the program. Do you want to see it reinstated as I do?

Do you want hate speech delivered from the pulpits of our mosques and our churches sanction? Would you like to see rules enacted so such speech could be more readily curtailed as I do?

Or do you want to remain a keyboard warrior lashing out in ill-informed rants at soft target like women who have lost their daughter in strategic circumstances or refugee families who have fled the horrors of war?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 11:34:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steele,

"
“I sincerely hope you die of bowel cancer within the next three weeks”

As reprehensible as being tagged by someone as an ISIS apologist might be it certainly doesn't equate with 'sincerely' wishing someone dead.

I get it is sometime hard to retain perspective when some one like Is Mise pulls that kind of puerile sledging,"

Puerile sledging I may or mayn't be guilty of, but I have never, and will never, stoop so low as to wish cancer on anyone; I realize that you don't intend to smear me with that statement but that's how it reads.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 12:34:34 PM
Dear Is Mise,

I had meant to refer to another poster but wrote your forum name.

This was a mistake on my behalf for which I unreservedly apologise
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 12:52:02 PM
Steele,

Unreservedly accepted, I didn't think that you intended it that way.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 1:05:03 PM
Hey SteeleRedux,
"How about you stop picking on soft targets like grieving mothers and get fair dinkum."
Yeah fair call, but do you all think I'm someone who goes around deliberately looking for greiving mothers to pick on?
Well I'm not.
I'm just not willing to give radical Islam a free pass or allow it to be normalised.
If the mother had've said "I like many others stand against Islamic Extremism but I'm making this statement to calm and reassure people that Islamic Extremism was not a factor in the death of my daughter Mia...." then maybe I would've listened.
But all she was concerned about was Muslims being offended by not being allowed into America; and never mind if Non-Muslims just happen to be concerned about being murdered by Muslims, because those concerns aren't valid, only the former ones are.
(This video is worth watching on that topic.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITcet5uUSD4
- And like she should decide what US citizens should and should not do in their own country.
Trump won the election based in part on immigration / radical Islam policy.
He has a mandate from US citizens to tackle these issues.
Doe's she not believe the people have a right to decide what should happen in their own country?
[tbc]
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 1:27:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy