The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia is Different

Australia is Different

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
All this discussion revolving around the phrase 'Allah Akbar' has reminded me of something I heard about a while ago on 'No Such Thing As A Fish', my favourite podcast. They were discussing the Allahakbarries, an English cricket team who named themselves that way because they were under the mistaken belief that 'Allah Akbar' translated as 'Heaven help us' rather than 'God is great'. They weren't very good at cricket, although they were very good at other things.

Presumably AC would go right ahead and paint the entire team as radical Muslims because of their name.

When I said they were good at other things, I was referring to writing. The Allahakbarries included a veritable who's-who of English literature: Rudyard Kipling, H. G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, P. G. Wodehouse, G. K. Chesterton, Jerome K. Jerome, A. A. Milne to name a few.

Yep, clearly all dirty Muslims the lot of them. Have you read the Bertie & Jeeves stories? Cover-to-cover jihadi propaganda, every last one. And don't get me started on 'The House at Pooh Corner'...
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 12 February 2017 6:13:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"More blatent defense of those that would harm innocent people packaged in the 'society blackmail / guilt-trip idea' that those not responsible for said crimes should bear the costs."

Do you need laxatives? There is the flu , appendicitis and bonkers .
Insanity is a defence to murder. Yes mad dogs are put down , maybe mentally defective children should be. Another topic eh.
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 12 February 2017 6:20:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Toni Lavis,

What on earth is this mate?

“I sincerely hope you die of bowel cancer within the next three weeks”

As reprehensible as being tagged by someone as an ISIS apologist might be it certainly doesn't equate with 'sincerely' wishing someone dead.

I get it is sometime hard to retain perspective when some one like Is Mise pulls that kind of puerile sledging, and I will often go out of my way to either challenge him on it or serve up a bit of my own, but in my opinion your retort was way out of line.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 10:37:49 AM
You know I honestly think this country is doomed, and that's a statement based on the opinions I see here right in front of me.
I think it's really telling that the majority of you would move to attack me, rather than accept my point; when my only interest in defending this country against extremist ideology; to stand firmly against it and say "No, I will not accept it, and no, I will not allow it to become normalised."

This says so much more than any of Toni's juicy outbusts; it says a real lot.
(And I respect and champion her free speech btw, I support her right to be offensive; within reason.)

I honestly get the feeling that many of you would be ultimately willing to give Islamic extremism a free pass, whether you realise it or not.
That most of you would be willing to write violent extremism off as 'the harsh cost of the road towards diversity', based on a misguided 'belief in the power of good' and that Muslims and Non-Muslims are all going to sit around one day singing Kumbaya's together.

They would be more willing to see our nation divided and see us constantly arguing amongst ourselves, than to 'not be seen as being PC' or to question religious freedom and ideology or put any pressure at all on Islam; that they might be offended or argue amongst theirselves.

And I honestly think these people must be deluded if believe that they are personally capable of stopping 1400 years of wars against infidels, using only 'the power of thought' which obviously they do.
That they think they can prevent any possible future attacks on Australians by Muslim extremists because 'they believe'.
That they speak with such voice they can offer an ironclad guarantee upon Australians safety against radical Islam for ever and eternity.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 10:51:51 AM
In the truck massacres such as in France there must be victims who had been sexually abused by clergy. Rest in peace.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 10:51:52 AM
There isn't a lot of forward thinking really.
Because the fact of the matter is as long as we're fighting amongst ourselves, as long as we disagree with each other the extremism will win and we will all lose, it's inevitable.
I predict that when it all goes pear shaped (which it will), they (the liberal left) will blame us and we (the conservative right) will blame them and none of it will matter anymore when the nation is being overrun by Islamic extremists.
And these people would probably argue the point right down to the bitter end where the men are beheaded and the women are forced into sex slavery and our society is no more.

"I'm no bigot", they will tell themselves.

Each side of the argument needs only accept that the other side of the argument merely exists, to know that we are divided, and divided we fall.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 14 February 2017 11:00:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All