The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some (Jewish) People are Strange

Some (Jewish) People are Strange

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I listed only the Prime Ministers, because it wasn't till after 1901 that you were technically an Australia. Also, before then most people/politicians were immigrants.

In NSW between 1856 and 1901, only three premiers were Australian born and one of those was a bit of a foreigner anyway, born in Tasmania. Parkes, the Father of Federation was one of the non-Australian born (England). (There were 13 premierships in that time, but there were some repeats.)

There were 30 premierships between 1901 and now (a couple of repeats). The turning point seems to be about 1920-5, after which Australian-born predominate. Of the last 20 Premiers, only four were not born in Australia: two Kiwis; Greiner, Hungary, and Keneally, USA.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 16 January 2017 5:21:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing wrong with dual nationality, I'm a dual national, and a permanent resident of a third country. My kids are dual nationals, one born in England and the other in OZ, their kids are too. It's very convenient, and allows them to live and work in Europe, for now anyway, no-one knows what Brexit will bring.

The subject of this article seems to be making a point, she hasn't actually done anything yet, and possibly won't. If she thinks the Labour party is anti-Semitic, wait til she meets the German neo-nasties.
Posted by Billyd, Monday, 16 January 2017 5:57:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

That's why I gave you the link which explains
the lady's decision.

Now you should no longer be confused.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 January 2017 6:07:43 PM
Anglo Saxons are strange:
"Anti-Catholic prejudice was still very much in the mainstream of American life when JF Kennedy decided to seek the presidency in 1960. Only one Catholic, Governor Alfred E. Smith of New York, had ever been the presidential nominee of one of the major parties."

"Outgoing PM seizes early opportunity to convert free of dilemmas of public role.. ...due to political considerations Tony Blair's conversion to Catholicism has been a long time coming.
Mr Blair was slipping into Westminster cathedral and occasionally taking communion, until the late Cardinal Basil Hume told him to stop because it was causing comment as he was not a Catholic - ..there has never been a Catholic prime minister.

But the motives of Catholic politicians have traditionally been regarded with suspicion by non-Catholics, both here and in the US, . ."
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 16 January 2017 7:12:08 PM
Sorry, Foxy, but you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Best we leave there, I think.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 January 2017 10:57:52 PM
Stories like this only get prominence because it reinforces the notion that post-Brexit Britain is definitionally racist. So for the Guardianista brigade, this story is merely a QED moment.

But you won't be hearing 'our' ABC talking about the fact that, in Germany, burning down synagogues is a mere slap on the wrist offence of that, in France, a growing number of Jews (5000+) last year are fleeing real anti-semitism for the relative safety of Israel. Those type of things don't fit the narrative and therefore become non-news.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 7:38:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy