The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Exploitation of Child Workers.

Exploitation of Child Workers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
And do you know why many of these insidents ocurred Paul, BECAUSE THE CONSUMER WILL NOT PAY.

Consumers are forever seeking out the cheapest deal they can find, even turning to the trend of wasting shop keepers time by seeking their knowledge on an item, only to buy it cheaper online.

The number one reason some small businesses dont pay super IS BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD IT.

The likes of you want penilty rates, super, all sorts of leaves, domestic vilolence being the lastest one on the wish list, yet you also want to waste peoples PAID TIME while shopping online which in its self avoids taxes.

In other words, you want you cake, you want to eat it, and you dont care how you get it.

Many business people leave for work each moring risking their house, but that doesnt worry you, you just want everything you think you are entitled to, regardless of the consequences.

Well, you are getting your wish, but good luck with your grand kids having a job in this country because small business is heading south and you just cant see it.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 9 January 2017 6:00:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The number one reason some small businesses dont pay super IS BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD IT." WELL, THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS, if they are going to break the law! Anyway who told you that nonsense, your butler?

According to 'PayScale' the average income of a small business operator in Australia is $63,000 pa, so Butch put the pork into you snag bags, and don't spread it as porkies around here. Facts, deal in facts.

I ran my own small business for about 3 years back in the 80's, and employed a couple of Draughtsmen, I was certainly making more than I was paying them, but as professionals they were very well paid, and so they should be! I didn't need to pay them 'cash in hand' or 'milk the till' or engage in any other illegal activity.

Again I ask the question; If an employee feels they are being underpaid, is it all right for them to steal from the employer? Just as employers who feel that workers are overpaid steal from them.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 January 2017 6:51:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul, if you want to make comparisons you need to compare apples with apples, as there is a huge difference between drawing up plans and retail or hospitality and, if a dras.. was required to work out of hours, the client would have no issues with paying the price, just like an after hours electrician etc.

The other very important issue is your mention of the 80's. Sorry mate but those days are well gone, its a whole new world out there mate.

Back then you could freely sack useless workers, as these days you just cant and many, especially in gov departments play that card for all its worth, and some.

It appears obvious you are completely out of touch so i suggest you listen to people involved, rather than just mouth off on something you simply dont understand.

The world you knew has gone mate!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 9 January 2017 7:27:43 PM
Butch, are you disputing that figure of $68,000 p/a average income for a small business person in Australia from PayScale? that is today's figure, not yesterdays, or last weeks, today's!
If you don't agree with it produce some figure that shows you and yours are on the bread line.

I say again TO THIS RUBBISH OF YOURS "The number one reason some small businesses dont pay super IS BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD IT."

BOLLOCKS!

"The number one reason some small businesses dont pay super IS BECAUSE THEY ARE GREEDY RIP-OFF MERCHANTS!

Please answer my question about theft! Or will the answer show you up as a hypocrite.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 January 2017 9:09:19 PM
Paul, in answer to your question, literally millions of goods and cash are stolen by staff on an annual basis, so what is your point.

I would suggest the likes of Coles and Bunnings pay their staff by the books, yet still have to perform bag checks to catch the what they are paid means nothing to staff.

The other teft by staff are smoke breaks, where thousands of paid hours are stolen by smokers, or doesnt this count as theft to you?

As for the $68,000 you mention, try deviding this by the average number of hours worked and you will find many are well below the minimim hourly rate, and they often risk their house in the process.

Just on the $68K, i wouldnt get out of bed for that amount if i were running a business and employing people. If i pay $68K for anyone, i expect $68K for myself as well. 4 staff should mean $200K, if not, you should not be in business.

As i have said, you are our of touch

So perhaps
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 12 January 2017 7:58:10 AM
Sorry for the higher than usual amount of typos Paul, i was interupted.
this then means some are making very little.

The point is that if small business owners are paid an average of $68K, then many are doing it very tough, just above, if not below, the poverty line because there are many small businesses making a million plus.

In fact, i would suggest quite a few owners have a small business because they dont want to be on the dole, although some would be better off.

The reality is, and this is whether you like it or not, times have changed and workers willingness to accept less, just to have/hold a job will increase and quite rightly so in my view because everything must go up and down with supply/demand otherwise there is no fairness about the whole arrangement.

Of cause Labor hate this thought, this despite them managing to extract unreasonable rates and conditions when the country was booming.

All i can say mate, is that you might as well get used to it because you cant change it.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 12 January 2017 12:37:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy