The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Alien Bludgers for Norway

No Alien Bludgers for Norway

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The Norwegian Prime Minister has declared that 'migrants' (illegal arrivals) will not be able to refuse jobs for religious reasons i.e Muslims refusing to work where pork and alcohol are served. From now on, refusal to work for religious reasons means Norway's refusal to pay welfare and benefits. Seems fair to me. If they cannot serve pork and alcohol (they do not have to ingest it themselves), then they should have stayed where such things are banned. Hospitality is a growth industry world-wide, and there would many Western teetotallers and non-pork eaters working in the industry.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 24 November 2016 5:31:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He should add those that refuse to learn the language of the country as well, we have that problem in Australia therefore with the work safety rules etc you can't employ them or if you do and they get injured because they could not read a sign or safety rules etc the Government will have you in court then the worker will probably sue you for millions of dollars, using lawyers at taxpayer expense.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 25 November 2016 10:13:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//From now on, refusal to work for religious reasons means Norway's refusal to pay welfare and benefits. Seems fair to me.//

Seems reasonable. If people are so devout that they'll turn up their nose at employment, then we should leave them to pray to their God and have him save them from poverty.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 25 November 2016 11:00:48 PM
Well, they do believe that Allah provides everything for them; that's why Muslim countries are so backward and unproductive. The illegals probably think that Allah is responsible for the largesse of Western countries providing them with welfare, health care and housing. Norway seems prepared to show them that Allah is no help at all. Other Western countries, including Australia should send the same message.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 26 November 2016 8:43:59 AM
//Well, they do believe that Allah provides everything for them//

Really? When did the Jews start following Allah? I thought their god was called Yahweh. Anyway, regardless of what he's called: if an unemployed Jew refuses employment because he is required to work on the Sabbath, he should have his dole cut off post haste. I'd love to have a whole day off every weekend, but that is not how hospitality works.

If an unemployed Christian fundamentalist with experience in cleaning refuses employment as cleaner at an abortion clinic, he should have his dole cut off. He can still pray while he vacuums.

If an unemployed Hindu refuses employment as a farm hand on a dairy or beef farm because he doesn't like the way they treat their cows, he should have his dole cut off.

And so on. It's not just Muslims who have unrealistic expectations about what society should require of them, or the ability of their god to intervene and save them.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 26 November 2016 10:57:45 PM
I wasn't talking about Jews, Christians or Hindus I was talking about Muslims and then, just Muslims in Norway. If you want to talk about what you want to talk about, start your own thread.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 27 November 2016 9:37:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy