The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who else would like the government to come clean on this, or at least dispell it as a myth.

Who else would like the government to come clean on this, or at least dispell it as a myth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
DreamOn - Labor Government years ago admitted the majority of refugees were never checked properly.

Remember cap't Emad was cleared as okay, turned out to be one of the chief people smugglers.

Simple fact is without cooperation from the country of origin which a lot lie about there is no way to really check them out.

Also remember Cuba when they opened the jails and mental asylums and sent them to America.

Also if someone is an undesirable criminal etc maybe the country of origin don't want them back so will say nothing.

Probably the only way is to accept give them the benefit of the doubt but with a ten year good behavior or instantly be deported.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 27 August 2016 3:29:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think its fair to assume that the costs associated with asylum seekers, all up costs that is, may well be the largest cost we have.

Every cent spent on this is a taxpayer cent that was never intended to be spent this way when the majority of our tax payers started paying tax, and as such has to be taken from somewhere else.

The question is, for how long and at what cost to other vital sectors. My fear is that if we don't put an immediate halt to immigration of any kind, we will never catch up. So where to then.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 27 August 2016 8:42:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BTW, I'm posting from Bali at present, what an amazing world we live in and who would have thought this was possible forty odd years ago when I started paying my taxes.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 27 August 2016 8:44:28 PM
You should come back by boat.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 28 August 2016 12:52:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy