The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The “X” Factor in this Election

The “X” Factor in this Election

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All
From all reports, Shorten nailed it...despite Tony Jones standing in for Malcolm as spoiler.

At one stage, Bill had to apologise for interrupting Jones' question with an answer - which kinda sums up Shorten's ability in a hostile environment.

Note: Malcolm has timed his facebook debate for 6:00 on Friday - mainly because that's the time when people won't be watching...onya Mal!

His invisibility cloak has been held up in the mail.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 10:54:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John was well respected by both sides of politics. and received many kind words from political friends and foes alike.

From the SMH "The former academic was first elected to NSW Parliament in 2007 after completing his PhD at the University of California, Berkeley and a stint as a lecturer in electrical engineering at the University of New South Wales."

Mike Baird had these kind words to say about John "deeply saddened to learn of the death of John Kaye".
"He was a formidable advocate of the causes in which he believed," "Despite our political differences I regarded him as a friend."

I campaigned with John several times, although passionate about issues, such as funding for public education. John was very affable with those who didn't agree with him.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 11:03:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Poirot,

Yes. I was impressed with Bill Shorten's performance
on "Q and A," last night. He answered the questions,
and even told what he was not going to do. It will be
interesting to see how Malcolm Turnbull behaves next
week. Hopefully he won't fall into the same old tactic
of blaming his opposition for everything and simply
using slogans like his predessor.

As someone tweeted - "Malcolm Turnbull's time as Prime
Minister is fast being Shortened." (words to that effect).
Clever.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 11:54:04 AM
Was Shorten asked what he proposes to do about the CFMEU?

What about ending the domination of Labor by union heavies, those powerful factions?

What about re enfranchising Labor members so their opinions carry some weight in policy and leadership decisions?

Just three questions of many that never seem to be followed up.

Shorten's image makers seem to have convinced him to do the 'wide-eyed' innocent look. Makes him look like Monica Lewinsky when she is spinning the story that she was just a slip of a girl whose only fault was that she was in love with a President. Or is it the Bill Gates look, "Who me? I'm not a tough corporate CEO, just a nerd".

Shorten the union boss would know better than most where the bits of those who got in the way are buried. Figuratively speaking one hopes :(
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 12:26:04 PM
Both leaders of the two major parties need to
prove that they are not the captives of any
special interrest groups.

Bill Shorten does need to stand up to the unions.

Malcolm Turnbull needs to do the same to the big-end
of town.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 7:19:19 PM
I see that the council is moving in on Nick's slum.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 23 June 2016 2:25:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy