The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The “X” Factor in this Election

The “X” Factor in this Election

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
With 'Team Xenophon' looking at a good result in South Australia, winning a possible 3 senate seats, some are even saying 4 seat. The Xenophon mob could also pick up 3 lower house seats at home as well. Given a close result in the House of Representatives and the demise of several independents in the senate, it’s looking more than likely that Xenophon will hold the balance of power in both a joint sitting, and continue in that position for the life of the Parliament.
What do you think of Nick Xenophon and his team?
You know you are in a good position when both the big two dinosaur parties start attacking you.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 9:38:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They're not running a lower house candidate in my electorate, but I'll be preferencing them fairly highly in the Senate - certainly higher than either of the major two.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 10:26:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess someone has to take the place of Clive Palmer.

I wonder which sycophantic wannabees he's recruited for the Xenophon party?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 11:00:23 AM
Are you able to advise whether the Nick Xenophon Team supports Australian Wikileaks whistleblower Julian Assange who faces extradition to the United States to face the same fate as whistleblower Chelsea Manning' who is now locked away in a dungeon for 32 more years for revealing to the world "Collateral Murder" in Iraq?

Would a Nick Xenophon Team government demand that the Swedish government guarantee that Julian Assange won't be forcibly repatriated to the United States from Sweden should he go to Sweden to face charges of rape?
Posted by malthusista, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 11:08:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It would make for a very unstable parliament that is preoccupied with the egos and forever changing demands of petulant, grandstanding independents.

Xenophon is an erratic loner and a loose cannon. He is given to attention-seeking stunts.

Besides, there has got to be something amiss in a man who puts so much effort into (poorly) disguising his greying age. If Morticia Addams went for a sex change, Nick X would be her double.

Sure wish he would mature.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 11:31:17 AM
He's running a candidate in my seat but I'll not be giving them my first preference. I had previously considered doing so, but decided against it when he supported the Liberals' shameful gerrymandering in the Senate.

Despite that, his overall performance has been good. He's not in it for the money or the perks. He considers every piece of legislation on its merits.

His attention seeking stunts have certainly helped his political career, as attention is incredibly valuable in politics. FWIW attention can also be valuable in business, and similar stunts have previously helped Richard Branson's career.

Of course the major parties prefer "stable government" where they have carte blanche to inflict their bad policies on the public. But Australia's much better off with the "instability" of the government being forced to justify every decision they make.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 7 June 2016 12:11:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy