The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A wages witch hunt

A wages witch hunt

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
So here we go again, the FWC says 'dob in a crock boss'.

Well guess what, while wages and conditions may be law, employing is a voluntary act and given the shape of our economy, I feel the timing of this witch hunt could not be worse.

With our leaders finally lifting their heads out of the sand, and admitting that we are not in the great shape many would have us believe, any job lost is one too many. We already have many cafes/restaurants closing on Sundays, and its no secrete that there are many who do open who pay cash, but, do you expect the boss to take all the risks and make less just because its a Sunday. Get a grip.

Once again this is a case of the risks outweighing the potential gains because most with jobs are happy just to have a job in this period of uncertainty.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 29 May 2016 9:12:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Employers found guilty of short changing workers need substantial penalties imposed as they probably have been doing it for years and years. These employers are common criminals no different than a thief.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 29 May 2016 3:41:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Any job lost is one too many'.
Not necessarily.

If people all got jobs and stopped committing crimes then there would be no need for centrelink staff and prison guards.
I'd be happy to see all those peoples jobs no longer required.
Alternatively when the government says it created jobs, then its not a good thing if those jobs created are in fact centrelink staff and prison staff, if you know what I mean.

There's another side to almost every argument...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 29 May 2016 4:21:59 PM
Dear rehctub,

Are we to assume then that you also think that all
the fuss about Rickard Di Natale and the Nannies recent
controversy is a "witch-hunt?" Or is it only a select
few bosses?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 May 2016 4:24:04 PM
'Ten Bucks an Hour' Butch, an apologists for the unscrupulous rip off artists of an employer. Never mind the criminality, workers should be thankful for what they receive, and kiss the bosses you know what in return for that bounty.
Of course if an employee felt they were under rewarded for their services and took a little of the bosses juicy goodies as recompense, Butch would want then hung, drawn and quartered, without as much as a beg your pardon.

In my view employers who steal from employees should be prosecuted.
Employees who steal from their employer should also be prosecuted. Can't be fairer than that.

Butch, a quick survey of the food court at 'Westfields' today, 3 accept credit and eftpos cards,9 are "cash only" the three are Macca's KFC and Subway. Who's paying cash in hands, and no tax, and who is?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 29 May 2016 5:41:12 PM
Foxy, while there is no party I hate more than the greens, I did read somewhere that board and lodging also formed a portion of that wage, so until this is factored in I don't think we can pass judgment, do you!

Paul, who apart from a kid is going to except ten bucks an hour. I don't know anyone, do you?

The worst part about this witch hunt is that they are calling on anyone to dob in any boss, so even if the worker is happy with the arrangement, that may be in jeopardy.

Is that really what we want to see happen.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 30 May 2016 8:18:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy