The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Medibank Private same sex TV commercials - who's paying for it?

Medibank Private same sex TV commercials - who's paying for it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
sbs has been promoting every type of perversion for years with tax payer money. They figure they might as well make some money out promoting this perversion.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 4:05:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//nor did I suggest that anyone else but Suseonline was guilty of bullying.//

No, you've also suggested - perhaps not intentionally - that you are guilty of bullying: you've used the derogatory labels 'fascist' and 'bully' in the hope that such bullying will make Suse refrain from calling homophobes homophobes (just out of interest, if it walks like a homophobe and swims like a homophobe and quacks like a homophoe but calling it a homophobe is bullying, what should we call it instead?). Since "only fascists try to silence their opponents by using derogatory labels in the hope that such bullying will make them remain silent" then it follows, by your own reasoning and statments, that you are also a fascist bully.

//This is as well as sex for men in the backside, is very unhealthy and not very clean//

//this is very dirty and not higenic type things?//

So it's all just about the personal hygiene issues involved with anal intercourse, eh? I assume, then, that you would be less disgusted by gay men fellating each other, because that is less likely to result in infection. And that you would be more disgusted by gay men sharing intravenous needles, because that is far more likely to transmit infections than anal intercourse.

Or at least, I would assume that if I actually believed for one second that what bothered you was hygiene concerns. But Blind Freddy could see that what really bothers you is the idea of two men being intimate with each other.

Why all the disingenuousness? You aren't fooling anybody, so why bother maintaining the farcical pretence that your concerns are all about the health risks of anal intercourse when they are obviously about so much more?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 4:46:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//This is where the AIDS started in mankind because of unnaturel things homosexual man do. Sorry for my poor writing my writing not so good, but my speaking much better I think?//

Unfortunately, your comprehension is shite. HIV was not created in a clandestine Government laboratory, and it certainly wasn't some divine retribution handed down by the magic sky fairy to punish the people that he created gay. HIV started in mankind because it is a zoonotic infection which most likely jumped species due to African tribesmen hunting and eating apes and monkeys. Possibly some of those hunters were homosexual, but I think it's drawing a long bow to describe bushmeat hunting as unnatural, or even unnaturel.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 4:47:32 PM
Mr Tony Lavis sir you write better then me but sir you must say and admit this type of homosexual actions are unatural because this act is called sodemy. This area of men and woman is for the important reason to get out all the waste stuff we all must do,or we get sick if we dont. This area is not for sex it can not ever be able to produse any children from this area. Sir with respect you must say its not natural act. its an unatural act nothing else.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 4:59:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung Wu, it may be an unnatural act to you, but it obviously is not for gay men. I find it unnatural that some people actually believe there are invisible beings in the sky, but most religions are legal.
Having that sort of sex won't affect them fathering children at all, so I am not sure what you are on about there.

If there was a god, then he/she made the homosexual men and women too, am I correct? What two consenting adults legally do together in their own homes is no one else's business.
If Medibank private wanted people to talk about it's business by doing these adverts, then they have succeeded....and all the homophobes unwillingly added to it. Lol!
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 8:35:52 PM
Toni Lavis:

“if it walks like a homophobe and swims like a homophobe and quacks like a homophoe but calling it a homophobe is bullying, what should we call it instead?”

Why do you need to call it anything at all? The point of the discussion is to exchange ideas. Whether the person you are arguing with has a fear or dislike of homosexuals is totally irrelevant. Only their ideas are important. When you resort to labels it has stopped being a discussion about ideas and focuses on personal traits and that is bullying.

You or anyone else has no way of knowing that any member of this forum has a fear or dislike of homosexuals. You presume that because they do not agree with homosexual behaviour or homosexual’s interpretation of their own behaviour or same-sex marriage that they are homophobic. Fear is a feeling manifest in the body. Liking and disliking are also feelings based on attraction or repulsion. How can you tell what feelings are manifest in the body of someone you cannot even see?

If you have no way of knowing what another person feels or likes then how can you accurately claim that they are homophobic? If you have no evidence to back up your claim then why else would you make that claim unless you want to bully and intimidate the other person with whom you are arguing?

Unlike homophobia fascism is not a feeling but a way of thinking and behaving which says any method is ok in the pursuit of silencing dissenters. You can see such behaviour in some forum members who resort to bullying in order to try and silence others. Pointing out such behaviour is not bullying but an attempt to keep the discussion focused on arguing about ideas and we all have a responsibility to maintain those standards. If it happens I, for one, am going to point it out and if someone does not like being exposed as a bully then it is easily fixed – stop being one.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 9:56:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy