The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Selling the Australian Property Dream To China

Selling the Australian Property Dream To China

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Oops sorry, my last comment was posted on the wrong board, please ignore it.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 10 January 2016 3:26:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear onthebeach,

As a sociologist, it is my opinion that Bob Hawke is more than a Fabian. I think he is, and has always been, a dyed-in-the-wool communist. I think he sees the establishment of Chinese economic and cultural hegemony in Australia as a first stage to creating his dream of having a communist Australia. And all he had to do to set things in that direction was to appeal to the nation's greed during the 1980s. He offered Australians a choice between continued Anglo-Australian nation-building or economic rationalism and they took the bait, ending 200 years of British-cum-Australian culture and political unity,

Another politician whom I think is deliberately selling Australia out to the Chinese for his own personal reasons is NT Chief Minister Adam Giles. I think Giles, as an aboriginal descendant, is bitter that Australian aboriginal society has been decimated and dispossessed of their lands by White Australia. I think his sale of Port Darwin to Chinese interests was a way of saying that he would rather see his ancestors' lands in the hands of the Chinese that in the hands of White Australia.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 10 January 2016 7:25:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion, WTF do you think "communist" means?

I don't normally have any trouble thinking of things, but I can't think of any credible definition of "communist" that would include Bob Hawke.
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 10 January 2016 12:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan

Who are you to ask such questions?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 10 January 2016 1:32:47 PM
Mr Opinion,

I am a participant in this discussion. Do you have a problem with that?

Why do you ask, anyway? It isn't as if I asked who you were to define "communist". I merely asked what your definition was.
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 10 January 2016 2:17:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr Opinion,

For your information Mr Abbott told a 450-strong
breakfast crowd at the Westin Hotel in Sydney,

"My maternal grandfather was a lifelong unionist."

"My father reckons that, as a child in the North of
England during the Depression, he went to a kind of
communist Sunday School where they sang the Red Flag
instead of hymns. These were the disadvantages I have
had to overcome."
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 January 2016 4:57:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy