The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Obama's Oval Office Address

Obama's Oval Office Address

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Hey there PAUL1405...

That's a bit rough there ol' man ? If you've carefully read any of my previous correspondence on F/A's, I've always supported the sport of shooting and at the same time, urged careful screening of all applicants for F/A licences.

As far as Donald TRUMP'S absurd ideas of halting ALL Muslim immigration into the United States, he's clearly nuts, as it could never be achieved, and it does illustrate how far from reality he is?

Furthermore, your suggestion he could be the catalyst for starting a global conflict, I tend to agree with you, a good example of what a bloke is, when he has loads of money and very little political merit to recommend his brand of 'far right politics' !

I'm unapologetically to 'the Right' myself PAUL as you know, but I'd like to think that I have some balance in my views, and I can appreciate the opinions of those who are diametrically opposed to my particular beliefs ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 9 December 2015 12:14:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Through the misled social policies of the leftist Democrats, continuous leakage across its borders and unfortunate inheritance from the past, the multicultural US has deep social problems.

There is nothing to suggest that Australia will not follow where government is not always applying due diligence, by identifying and treating immigration risks.

This UK report could easily have been written with Australia in mind,

<Labour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser

Labour threw open Britain's borders to mass immigration to help socially engineer a "truly multicultural" country, a former Government adviser has revealed.

The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".

As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants.
Critics said the revelations showed a "conspiracy" within Government to impose mass immigration for "cynical" political reasons.
Sir Andrew Green, chairman of the Migrationwatch think tank, said: "Now at least the truth is out, and it's dynamite.

"Many have long suspected that mass immigration under Labour was not just a cock up but also a conspiracy. They were right.

"This Government has admitted three million immigrants for cynical political reasons concealed by dodgy economic camouflage."

The chairmen of the cross-party Group for Balanced Migration, MPs Frank Field and Nicholas Soames, said: "We welcome this statement by an ex-adviser, which the whole country knows to be true.
"It is the first beam of truth that has officially been shone on the immigration issue in Britain.">
http://tinyurl.com/2uzb8gj
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 9 December 2015 1:55:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

You or the Greens got any suggestions for keeping that deadly petrol out of the hands of terrorists or criminals?
We've had a few nasty losses of life already due, in part, to the unrestricted access to flamable accelerants.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 9 December 2015 6:56:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi o sung wu, I was responding to your post " I'd be a Republican if I were a US citizen" and since Trump is the likely Republican candidate for president (so say the polls) I just assumed you would be voting for him, given that chance. Apologies if I'm wrong.
I believe you to be the most balanced of the forums conservative posters, some who will remain nameless I believe are totally unbalanced posters.

p/s Did you sleep through the Nixon, Reagan and Bush jr years. We went all the way with LBJ and 521 Australians paid for it with their lives. I don't agree that Obama is the worst US president in our lifetime or in anyone's lifetime, that honor goes to Ulysses S. Grant, seems he was permanently drunk during his presidency, but then again that could have been a positive. Just as I don't think Tony Abbott is the worse PM Australia ever had, in my book he runs second to Stanley Bruce, and just got past John Howard.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 9 December 2015 8:18:15 PM
//You or the Greens got any suggestions for keeping that deadly petrol out of the hands of terrorists or criminals?//

Stop refining it. Build cars that utilise a Cayley engine instead. If engines run on gunpowder instead of petrol the terrorists won't be able get hold of it (the petrol, not the gunpowder).

Just kidding. The problem with any sort of internal combustion engine is that the combustible material can be put to nefarious purposes, and it will always be readily available whilst everybody is driving cars with internal combustion engines. Until somebody invents the steam powered car or until electric cars supersede combustion engine cars we're pretty much stuck with petrol.

Even if electric cars take off in a big way in the next few years, electric aeroplanes are a long way off so we're still going to be refining avgas for many moons to come.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 9 December 2015 10:02:59 PM
Hi there PAUL1405...

Ah that's cool mate ! I am a Republican without any apology, but the ridiculous utterances currently emanating from Mr TRUMP would never get my vote, however far right I may be ! Similarly to that of the treacherous Mr Malcolm TURNBULL. In both cases, I'm bound to submit an informal vote which doesn't help our country very much, I admit ?

But what does one do Paul ? The LNP are moving inexorable closer to the 'Left' under the scholarship of the illustrious TURNBULL PM ? A vote for Labour perhaps, no ? That only leaves the Greens (your Party)? Most definitely, if they'd stuck rigidly to their earlier 'green' credentials, but we both know they're now the third major party, as such there are no other viable options for a cranky old conservative like me, eh Paul ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 10 December 2015 1:26:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy