The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Syria & Yemen now, Egypt next, then Saudi Arabia ?

Syria & Yemen now, Egypt next, then Saudi Arabia ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Hi Bazz,

Well, yes, I suppose it's not new, but there has been a resurgence of that opposition to theW4st over the last couple of hundred years, and it has started to take violent forms over the last forty years or so.

The Moors got into France, as far as Tours/Poitiers in 732. Actually, they menaced the entire southern coast of Europe for many hundreds of years - I think they invaded and burnt Rome at one point, and set up forts even in southern Switzerland, in the ninth or tenth centuries. Along with the other barbarians, the Vikings and Huns/Magyars/Avars etc., they menaced Europe for many centuries, provoking the development of military feudalism. Then came the Mongols. And the Turks. Hard times.

The Moorish invaders were in Spain for nearly 800 years, only until 500 years ago. They menaced the gates of Vienna barely 300 years ago, and their pirates used to raid the entire coastline of the western Mediterranean and the Atlantic, as far as Iceland, until barely 200 years ago: they took slaves from Iceland, the Baltic, the Adriatic coast, and Ireland back to their markets in Africa. The religion of peace has a fairly bloody history.

So maybe this is just another irruption of Muslim aggression. The West outlasted previous irruptions, so I suppose it can prevail over this one. But murderers and terrorists can create a lot of havoc in the meantime, for our children and grandchildren.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 11 December 2015 1:45:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy