The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Syria & Yemen now, Egypt next, then Saudi Arabia ?

Syria & Yemen now, Egypt next, then Saudi Arabia ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Joe, I see two possibilities;

1. The economy will really recover and Islam will have the wherewithall
to attack the west by immigration and insurrection armies.
I do not think formal armies could operate these days in a nuclear weapons era.
The war will continue intermittantly for another 1000 years.

2. A world economic crunch will be accompanied by very low oil prices
and Middle East governments will suffer economic collapse.
The populations in the ME will not have the ability to walk to Europe.
The ME population levels will collapse to meet the available food.
The west will erect efficient barriers as the collapsing economies
will be unable to cope with additional population.

I believe some variation of those scenarios will come to being.
We will see the beginning of one or the other.
Call me Nostradamus !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 4 December 2015 5:35:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth,
"Why do you keep thinking hat people in the Middle East are all puppets, to be manipulated by the evil US at will ?"

I've never said that.
But since you mentioned it...

The US has a policy of destabilizing most of the M/E nations.
The PNAC plan started after 9/11 under Bush, and continued on under Obama whilst Hilliary Clinton was Secretary of State and even now they are still trying to push the same dumb regime change policies which have lead to all the BS currently going in in the world.

Millions dead, millions more terrorists created and multi-millions displaced and their homelands turned to rubble.

Do you see democracy anywhere?
Are you so dumb as to think that is what they set out to achieve?
Tell me what good have they achieved exactly?
What the hell are you even defending?
Where are the 'moderates'?
It was only ever going to be some US quisling.

What do I stand for?
Freedom and Liberty for all people

What you think the West, the US, capitalism stand for?

Western governments support the US and its foreign policy wars, even if their people do not, so they then manipulate their people.
The US stands for unlawful covert wars against other nations (that create terrorists) to support its global hegemony.
ISIS is a US creation, which they use to destabilize foreign regimes and justify wars of an imperialistic nature.

"Factor in what might happen to feminists, any vaguely leftists, and gays after your besties take over. They're gone."

I support freedom and liberty for all people but I won't go along with the West's insane geopolitical policies just because I fear what might happen to the feminists, progressives and gays.
That's really framing the argument in the dumbest way.

Honestly the path the feminists, progressives and gays take sometimes I have to say I oppose the way they go about it.
I actually think the stereotypical feminist belongs more in the 'I have mental problems' category.
Buy hey, I'll support their freedom and liberty but not at the expense of mine.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 4 December 2015 6:51:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

If you re-read my post, or get someone to read it to you, slowly, you would learn that much of what you complain about is already covered. Democracy in the Middle East is most certainly not a likelihood any time soon - regimes swing from dictatorships to theocracies rather than anything like democracies. And back again.

So of course a dictator like Assad will stay in place for a while yet: eventually even the US will go along with that, since part of its agenda is to - ultimately - keep Shi'ite Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia apart as long as possible, and for that, they will need to contain and perhaps degrade ISISD rather than eliminate it. My bet is that they will eliminate IS in Libya (and in Afghanistan) before they do so in Syria or Iraq. Then they'll face the same problem in Libya, of being forced to install a dictator like Assad. It's going to be a long war.

It's a bit complicated in the Muslim world, AC. Sorry about that.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 4 December 2015 8:09:07 PM
Just because I support freedom and liberty for all people most certainly does not mean I support forcing any nation to take on democracy.

What is today's democracy apart from allowing foreign corporations the ability to steal all a nations assets?

I most certainly DO NOT support inflaming civil unrest in foreign nations and starting protests and demonstrations in order to topple elected governments to support US global hegemony.

I really love it how people refer to Assad as a dictator and Israel a democracy.
Tell me do they not have elections in Syria?
Was Assad not elected with overwhelming support of his people?
Is Syria not a secular country with the best women's rights of all Arab nations?
When did they attack any other nation?
What exactly did they do except support the Palestinians and oppose Saudi oil pipelines?

And if they win??
Yay - The PILE OF RUBBLE called Syria has democracy.
O that's right they already had elections, so I guess they already had democracy and the West just didn't like Assad so they destroyed the whole country.
YEAH GO AMERICA.

The West is the aggressor, I will not support their insane foreign policies.
Please don't try to frame the argument any other way.

Anything the New World Order is for, I AM AGAINST.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 4 December 2015 8:40:35 PM
Hi AC,

Ra ra. What a pity the world is so complicated. So irritating.

So would you care to suggest that ISIS is supporting the New World Order ? No ? So is it drawing too long a bow to suggest that, therefore, since "Anything the New World Order is for, I AM AGAINST", you would support ISIS ? As well as Assad ?

It does get complicated, don't it ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 4 December 2015 11:16:12 PM
A C said;
The US has a policy of destabilizing most of the M/E nations.

Now that is not a bad idea. If the oil price stays low they will collapse.
Saudi needs US$90 to US$110 a barrel to stay viable and to keep their population nice and calm.
As they are put under the financial screws they will start fighting
each other and will not have the resources to annoy us.
They will of course blame the west as that has been the central
mantra since AD640. Remember Mohammad blamed Rome.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 5 December 2015 8:16:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy