The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could become a cashless society by 2022?

Could become a cashless society by 2022?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
......At present, I shop at the Adelaide Central Markets each week and when my "cash" runs out - I stop shopping, so I have to budget.

Nathan, that cash you refer to comes from a bank. So, you simply transfer money from one account to your card, then , when you exhaust the funds, you stop shopping, exact same result and, you can't loose your cash.

JOM, don't worry about Phillip, if we'd followed people like that we would not have invented the wheel.

Just to put your mind at rest Phillip, I have quite a few customers who now buy the meat, then transfer the amount required onto their card, then pay the bill. There is always a way around fraud.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 26 September 2015 12:42:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

Most people in Australia today, shop in (big brand) supermarkets. I don't - I shop at a food market.

So with large supermarkets having around 98% that market, and with people having the option of shopping at nearby stores (like in in a shopping mall), these people are more likely to keep more money on some type of card or electronic device.

"JOM, don't worry about Phillip, if we'd followed people like that we would not have invented the wheel."

If we take what the report says (paid for by a bank's profits) "more than 1000 smartphone users found four in five people expect all electronic payments to be done via a smartphone in seven years time."

This insinuates that I must have a smartphone and be forced to buy one. Why? I thought in a free country you couldn't be forced to buy something including items with or without wheels.

Finally using smartphones comes with costs. How could I pay for something (say like a school fete) - with a smartphone?
Posted by NathanJ, Saturday, 26 September 2015 4:48:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't agree with you on this rehctub. I have absolutely no intention of getting, & even less of carrying, any smart phone. I have a phone now only because my kids gave it to me, & demanded I carry it. I'm not sure if it is a hand me down or not.

I rejected the first thing they wanted me to carry, as it was uncomfortably heavy in my shirt pocket. It appears that after years of miniaturisation, these new things are becoming bigger & unpleasantly heavy.

Of course I can't use the one they gave me without my glasses, & usually don't hear it ring, so it's pretty useless.

I don't use a card on my main bank accounts, & most of my purchases are with cash or cheque. If you don't want either, I will not be doing business with you.

I allocate myself a certain a certain amount of cash each month, & that is it. There is nothing retards silly spending better than seeing just $150 left in the wallet, with a fortnight to next pay day.

I have an account with little money in it, with a debit card with a minor bank, & use it to pay my main bills. I have to drive 17 kilometres to put more money into it, which mitigates against impulse purchases.

I learnt years ago that it is seeing how much you are spending that controls impulse spending. Credit cards or other electronic spending get far too many particularly young into trouble, their use should be banned, not expanded.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 26 September 2015 6:30:48 PM
Nathan, if you shop at a food market, chances are you are aiding the very tax evasion you are opposed to by the big end of town. Just an observation.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 28 September 2015 1:25:59 PM
Hasbeen, your phone is not a hand me down, it is a hand me up !
I have had several as the latest fashions come in.
I even get hand me up computers.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 28 September 2015 4:52:33 PM
Hello! I just need some advice and I did not know where else to post.

My dad needs oxygen therapy and I was wondering if this product http://oxygensolutions.com.au/inogen-one-g2/ would be good to utilize at home?

[url="http://oxygensolutions.com.au"]Oxygen Solutions[/url] offers hiring it, has anyone used their hires before - was the experience good?

Some feedback would be much appreciated!
Thank you.
Posted by lance365, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 1:19:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy