The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could become a cashless society by 2022?

Could become a cashless society by 2022?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"Smartphone users believe we are quickly moving closer to becoming a cashless society and predict we will no longer be using notes and coins by 2022.

Ditching payments made using plastic and cash could be overtaken by customers whipping out their smartphone to pay as our addiction to devices soars.

The Westpac Cash Free Report which surveyed more than 1000 smartphone users found four in five people expect all electronic payments to be done via a smartphone in seven years time."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/how-we-could-become-a-cashless-society-by-2022/story-fnkrnsj1-1227543873498

I'd like these people to prove this with facts and provide the benefits. At present, I shop at the Adelaide Central Markets each week and when my "cash" runs out - I stop shopping, so I have to budget.

Yet I hear of so many others complaining about their high bills at supermarket checkouts.
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 25 September 2015 6:10:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely no chance! Smartphones are no alternative, as running out of phone credit would then become a much bigger problem!
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 25 September 2015 7:05:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is truly sinister. I rather starve to death than have one of those evil devices (but hopefully I'll get a chance to escape Australia before that happens, to live in a more "primitive" country where cash is still accepted).
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 25 September 2015 7:27:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's evil about a 4G phone? I pay $55 a month for mine and you know the best part about them? The camera, it's an incredibly useful tool in business because instead of getting a prospective client to describe their cracked wall or lifting tiles you can get them to send a photo. Then there's QR codes, very useful, then there's the GPS, maps, email in the palm of your hand etc etc.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 25 September 2015 8:00:47 PM
Jay Of Melbourne - After someone clones your phone or sim card and uses it to buy lots of things that you end up paying for let me know how much you like going cashless.

GPS Government now knows every where you have been.
Camera, hackers can remotely activate cameras and microphones, hope you are not doing anything controversial at that moment.

The phone storing your data on the cloud, just waiting for the hackers and NSA to get.

No thanks.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 26 September 2015 9:56:25 AM
Ha! Phillip I'm always doing something controversial, I was "outed" in 2010 by Anonymous and to date there's been absolutely no comeback upon me whatsoever.
"They" whoever your own particular "they" may be can always find out anything they want about you but government surveillance groups have no budget and no inclination to interfere with citizens.
Credit card companies have policies on fraud and security programs which detect unusual purchase patterns and alert the bank's security teams who then contact the customer, usually you're not liable for fraudulent purchases.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 26 September 2015 11:58:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy