The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fluffy Asbestos Fibres Blowing In The Wind.

Fluffy Asbestos Fibres Blowing In The Wind.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Unspecified amounts of asbestos fibres lying on ceilings, ceiling rafters, asbestos fibres fallen down inside brick cavities, hidden in houses cornices cracks.
Government bureaucratises handing off clean-up responsibility to contractors whom intern hand off responsibility to poorly paid, badly educated subcontractors whom don't care past their next beer drinking session.
Having seen news reports on television, seeing Caterpillar machinery pulling down a house supposedly containing Asbestos fibres. Seeing a person dressed in white, wearing an air filtered breathing mask, seeing the person holding a garden hose, spraying water into the atmosphere, like water was preventing asbestos fibers from blowing into the atmosphere by the wind. What I had seen was a joke.
Poorly paid workers are going to cut corners to maximise profits. Houses will be demolished regardless of the weather's windy conditions. One garden hose will be used to fulfil some government poorly planned out regulation on holding down asbestos fibres.
Asbestos fibres will be blown onto neighbouring lawns and gardens gradually mixing with soils. When lawns are mowed, asbestos fibres will enter the atmosphere to be breathed up into lungs. Children playing on grass, gardeners turning soil, allowing lighter than soil asbestos fibres to enter lungs.
In 10 to 20 years from completion of the Asbestos contaminated houses being demolished, the media will be going on about having royal commissions on why so many parts per million of asbestos fibres are in city soils.
Asbestos contaminated houses should be demolished from the inside first. Contaminated air should be filtered to remove Asbestos fibres to minimise Asbestos fibres from entering windy outside building's unconfined spaces. Once Inside walls are removed, external wall inside surfaces should be sprayed with sticky substances, minimising and or preventing asbestos fibres from blowing in the wind as remaining building structures are demolished.
I believe this is a very important long term health issue. People should take notice and write letters to governments, demanding better contaminated asbestos building demolishing practices.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:16:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Media stories about the USA government conspiracies were responsible for the collapse of the New York twin towers in September 11, 2001. If there were reasons, the seasons could have been that demolishing the two towers had many asbestos fibre liability problems.

Because the collapse was done as a terrorist cause, terrorism is an act of war. Under an act of war, insurance companies are not responsible for damaged property and personal liability.

Those people suffering their many breathing problems are I believe, are not covered by unlimited insurance obligations.

As said, I am not sure of any of the above, that the information was mentioned by the media in bits, many years ago.

I also believe the "The Wolf and Three Little Pigs" story is about war being the Wolf, and houses being destroyed during war in order to build better houses.
Three is the number for death: 1 birth; 2 life; 3 death, the circle of life. The bible mentions the number three often. When a bible story has the number three mentioned, the story of death is meant to be the result. How do I know? because a media program suggested the idea to me.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 28 July 2015 3:50:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you realize that any Fibro Buildings built after 1976 in Australia don't have Asbestos in it anyway. Asbestos Fibrolite ceased being produced in 1976 & was banned as a building material. They sent their excess stock to 3rd world Countries.

I watched the farce of people pulling down a Preschool. The workers were all dressed up to the nines in Safety gear, watered down, wrapped up. All very proper, but the Building was built is 1991. No Asbestos in it at all. A licence to print money.

I did mention it to the Supervisor. He just said this is what he was ordered to do.

I wouldn't take too much stock in what the Bible says, unless you want to stone your unruly kids to death, or if you are under siege you have to eat your kids, as ordered by God. ;-)
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 29 July 2015 10:47:07 AM
A local doctor suggested to me that the asbestos issue is way overblown.

People treat asbestos as if it was somehow radioactive but the odds of inhaling just the right type of fibre under the right circumstance are incredibly high.

If the current response was realistic we should be seeing epidemic levels of associated illnesses but we are not.

There was a lot of noise about getting lead out of petrol a while ago but the proven carcinogenic effects of burning unleaded fuel plus the environmental pollution from catalytic converters is never mentioned.

These environmental factors affect people a lot more than asbestos.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 30 July 2015 9:17:01 AM
I have just spent 10 days in hospital due to pleurisy. The cat scans clearly show calcium deposits on the lung, which the doctors tell me is almost certainly due to asbestos exposure. The only good news is that in my case it does not appear to be malignant or at least not yet.

Exposure to asbestos is bad news both for the lungs and other parts of the body. Once asbestos is your body there is no way to get rid of it, and the damage gradually accumulates over the years. It may take up 40 years for the damage to become obvious. Mesothelioma is a horrible disease, as it progresses the lungs gradually fall apart.
Posted by warmair, Thursday, 30 July 2015 11:06:32 AM
I built a laundry out of asbestos super 6 for the roof and hardy plank asbestos 200mm planks in 1981.
Within the last year a television documentary stated that during the late 1800s, asbestos was used to manufacture many casted products. before 1900, asbestos was known to be dangerous to lungs.

Many years ago a documentary stated during the 1930s asbestos was known to be dangerous to lungs.

After WW2 due to lack of building material, asbestos was used to build houses, as you know. building during the 1970s, that's just slack.

The media's concern about the dangers of asbestos allows the media to look concerned about citizens health. How often do news listeners get to see predicted medical advancements like curing cancer in 5 years after trials are cared out, yet 20 years later, cancer is still there.

Private people running business removing asbestos if court breaking the rules, will be fined. If the business is an establishment controlled business, I'm a believer that establishment controlled businesses can flout the rules without any concerns.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 30 July 2015 2:40:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy