The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Professor Gillian Triggs - President of the HR Commission resign?

Should Professor Gillian Triggs - President of the HR Commission resign?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All
Don't forget to add 'Juliar' to the list.

And recently I saw a great new phrase coined - poirotisms
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Saturday, 28 February 2015 7:39:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi POIROT...

I'm afraid you're right, they way many speak of our Prime Minister, he's no less than the Devil incarnate ? He's the embodiment of all that's wrong in our country ?

Somehow, no matter how flawed he is, nobody can be so bad, so wrong or so dishonourable as Mr Tony ABBOTT ! And yes I do firmly believe he's a man of high moral worth, more often misunderstood, not easily liked, and unable to 'connect' with those of the Australian electorate ! With all his 'alleged' mistakes, his alleged 'lies', I believe there's an orchestrated campaign to politically destroy him, employing whatever methods, legal or otherwise that are available !

And I'll concede he's made errors, mistakes so stupid that'll haunt him his entire political career. But where is the truth of the matter ?

There are the beliefs that are held by those of the 'Left' ? and There are the beliefs that are held of those on the Conservative side. And then, there is the 'Truth' !

What's needed is someone who's independent enough, to tease out the facts:- * The lies, the misrepresentations, and mythology, perpetrated by those of the Left ? and * The lies, the misrepresentations, and mythology, perpetrated by those of the LNP ?

Then we'll see just how culpable and capable, our PM, Tony ABBOTT really is ?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 28 February 2015 8:05:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

"...he's no less than the Devil incarnate ?..."

No he's not...

He's merely an inept and mendacious pollie who was accidentally voted in as LNP leader.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/the-accidental-leader-how-abbott-won-20091204-kbc8.html

The fact that he turned out to be "so" good at sledging and lying in Opposition gave people a false idea of his capacities in govt.

That's all...
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 28 February 2015 8:11:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
tony abbot is not great
but he is marginally better than rudd
much better than gillard

and way way better than those who creates mischief on the social media

and also better that his comrades who won the election with him as leader and now gunning for his job... shame on them
Posted by platypus1900, Saturday, 28 February 2015 8:27:46 PM
o sung wu,

As I said, it is the 24 hour news cycle that makes the news through speculative gossip.

Of course there is a whole gravy train of serially upset who swing from the guvvy teats, feel threatened and have their wooden spoons out as well.

You can imagine how may bureaucrats and private contractors, especially lawyers, have been getting fat courtesy of the exasperated taxpayer spruiking for economic migrants, for instance. There are fleas on fleas on fleas who have been siphoning money out of the public trough that was ear-marked for indigenous housing and so on. -Many of whom have been linked with one another for years, united in their agreement that they have a right to fleece the taxpayer.

I'd like to see a see a few good detectives map out the contacts and shared interests among the various individuals and organisations that have been stirring the possum since the government changed. Follow the public dollar!

Tony Abbott is a good family man who keeps fit and involves himself in community service and charity. I wonder if anything like that can be said of his trenchant critics?

There are policy issues that I would criticise his administration for, such as insufficient support for trade training. I would like to see fewer migrants and more with strong trade skills too.

Where they fluffed it was with that Budget. It is simply not good enough to take short-cuts. However it was not Tony Abbott alone who framed that Budget and those whining backbenchers should have been contributing back then and now instead of coasting and counting their travelling allowances.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 28 February 2015 9:40:12 PM
Dear ConservativeHippie,

The Macquarie Dictionary is very selective about
the words it chooses.

You suggested adding - "Ju-liar," to the list.
That meme was only used by Alan Jones and others
of his ilk, so as the Scots would say -
"Aye hae ma doots," that it would be acceptable.

As for "Poirotism?"
"Talk Like Poirot" Day, is coming up with Mr Suchet judging.
I'll let you know where you can buy the tickets. ;-)

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 February 2015 10:02:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy