The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Freedom of Speech - Is it too big a price to pay?

Freedom of Speech - Is it too big a price to pay?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36
  13. All
Jayb,

Here we go again...

"My God poirot, of all the discussions we have had on the Forum & OLO it is you & a few follower on here, who have staunchly defended the rights of Islamists to do what ever killing of non-believers they like without recriminations."

Okay....provide any link where I have done so?

I mean go right ahead and have a good old trawl.

You won't be able to,of course, because I have "never" stated such a thing.

Posters like you are disturbing - for the simple reason that you often fling any and every accusation as if it is the truth - because it matches the notional template you've made of your opponent.

I've challenge you before to provide evidence of your smears...and not once have you responded by stumping up with evidence.

The worst sort of debater is one who daubs his opponents with untruths and innuendo.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 12 January 2015 11:21:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
poirot: I mean go right ahead and have a good old trawl.

Too many to mention. So much to say, every time there has been any discussion on Islam verses the West.

The worst sort of debater is one who daubs his opponents with untruths and innuendo.

Even worst, one who feigns innocence in the face of overwhelming truth.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 12 January 2015 11:30:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jayb,

Neither Poirot, myself, or anyone else, that I
know of on this forum have ever
defended the rights of any extremists to kill.
What we have objected to in the past is the
irrational, inflexible attitude toward an entire
category of people - namely Muslims. The statements
that were always rooted in generalisations and
ignored the differences among individuals.

Still, I suppose that someone who is prejudiced
against certain people will tend to have a negative
attitude towards any individual belonging to that group
in the belief that they all share the same supposed
traits - be they Muslims, or anyone else.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 January 2015 11:35:13 AM
Jayb,

"Too many to mention. So much to say, every time there has been any discussion on Islam verses the West."

Lol!...for a guy who get's his jollies from falsely smearing fellow posters, you now run off with your tail between your legs, citing "Oh there are too many instances".

Well, if the instances are so overwhelming, it shouldn't take you too long to dig one up!

But, of course, that's not the issue at all.

The issue is that you're inventing things and now slinking off when challenged to produce the evidence.

Typical!
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 12 January 2015 11:39:46 AM
What an interesting rhetorical device to use on a thread about freedom of speech, jayb...

"...it is you [Poirot] who have staunchly defended the rights of Islamists to do what ever killing of non-believers they like without recriminations."

So are you using a lie as an example of free speech or of unfettered freedom of expression? Unfettered by there being any truth to your statement, that is?

Or is it a cunning device to have us try to decide whether your statement is a deliberate lie or an expression from ignorance?

"Too many to mention." in a debate usually translates as "I don't know of any." or "I cannot."

It is a weird contrivance to say: "The worst sort of debater is one who daubs his opponents with untruths and innuendo.
Even worst, one who feigns innocence in the face of overwhelming truth."

Weird, because according to your definition you are the worst sort of debator.
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 12 January 2015 11:55:16 AM
Foxy: I suppose that someone who is prejudiced against certain people will tend to have a negative attitude towards any individual belonging to that group in the belief that they all share the same supposed traits - be they Muslims, or anyone else.

You misunderstand. I am not prejudiced against any "people" at all. I do have strong reservations against any Religion that induces it followers to lie to & kill any "person" who is not of their Religion. Even the so called peaceful ones are only peaceful while they are an individual, as Group the cease to be peaceful.

Eg; Are Quran Believers allowed to eliminate (kill) non-believers? Is that what they teach or not?

C2-V178 &
C2-V191 &
C4-V15 &
C4-V88-91 &
C5-V32-33 &
C8-V12,39;
C9-V5.
C47-V4;

/// What Quran says about non-believers;
C3-V110 &
C3-V118 &
C8-V22 &
C8-V55.

// Why radical terrorists think they’re getting a reward for doing evil;
C4-V95 &
C9-V20 &
C47-V4.

Are moslems allowed to lie to non-believers? Yes.

Al-Taqiyya.
C2:225
C3:28
C3:54
C9:3
C10:21
C16:106
C40:28
C66:2

Are the usual supporters of Islam on the Forum & OLO still denying this, again.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 12 January 2015 12:54:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36