The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is war always seen as the solution? What will you be doing for the International Day of Peace?

Why is war always seen as the solution? What will you be doing for the International Day of Peace?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. 26
  11. All
"Aut non."
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 September 2014 11:11:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To those who want to do nothing, you aren't very inspiring. When I saw the documentary, "Peace One Day" by the person who got the International Day of Peace of the ground - and how it all worked from start to finish - it was inspiring.

The film director was brought over from the U.K and many local people where I live (a very conservative area) gave him a huge round of applause.

Thank you to Foxy - for being the first to take something forward - as I know so many who know nothing about the International Day of Peace.

Politicians don't mind sending troops to war - as this means somebody else has to do the work - and politicians lives aren't put at risk - but what about moving towards a peaceful solution?

Will others show some brave leadership, like Foxy? A question I put to both of our Prime and Opposition leaders and others on this page.
Posted by NathanJ, Saturday, 20 September 2014 12:05:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is there any point in preaching peace to those not fighting?
Surely if you want it so bad you'll be going off to war, any war, to persuade the fighters to stop?
Love-ins and Kumbayah will never achieve peace, they're nothing more than pointless feel-good exercises for the already (deserve to be) committed.
If you want an end to the atrocities, go talk to ISIS and their friends.
Hugging Fred Bloggs and Mrs McConneghy down at the grocers just won't cut it I'm afraid.
Posted by G'dayBruce, Saturday, 20 September 2014 1:01:47 AM
Men and women are born to struggle against the world, every day brings us into situations which have to be resolved, we get married and vow "It's you and me against the world my love", nobody has peace in their lives even in countries which are not at war.
What's missing is a an Anti War movement led by men and women with the backbone to hinder the war machine via mass civil disobedience,strikes and boycotts, we don't need sentimental Hippy dip nonsense like the day of peace.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 20 September 2014 8:04:27 AM
Yep, we need the old Anti-Vietnam War troopers back out on the streets, but we've all got mortgages and grandkids these days.
These younger generations might come out, as long as you schedule any protests to slot between Neighbours and the Footy!
The powers that be have quite successfully shattered the social cohesion that permitted those gory glory days of yore.
Between multiculturalism and PC, and our mindless sensationalist media they've riven any sense of shared determination for change, plus with the dumbing down of education they've robbed our youth of any real sense of perspective, historical, social, or political.
Posted by G'dayBruce, Saturday, 20 September 2014 9:56:48 AM
Bruce,
They've really robbed our kids of a respect for those with a sense of higher purpose, it shouldn't matter if those elders see a higher purpose in religion or nation or art or whatever.
The day of peace, earth hour and such like are dedications to self image, "See how good I am" Tweeted into the ether then forgotten for another 364 days.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 20 September 2014 11:23:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. 26
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy