The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would it be possible?

Would it be possible?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
I agree Hazza. Bishop seems to be doing well. Although I’ve got to say that I am surprised that some of the strong statements she has made haven’t come back to bite her. They seem to have all worked in her favour.

But I disagree regarding Carr. He did well. He is extremely knowledgeable in the whole field. Even Rudd, who I think was our worst ever PM didn’t do too badly in foreign affairs. Stephen Smith did very well. Likewise many years back with Gareth Evans.

It seems to be an area of politics in which most people do pretty well, which is surprising, given how difficult it is to say something decisive without being seen to be strongly taking sides and ending up offending some country that we want to have good relations with.

Bishop certainly seems to be a whole lot better at making statements relating to foreign affairs than our foot-in-mouth PM!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 6 September 2014 9:50:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree Ludwig, I think all our recent Foreign Affairs ministers have been pretty good.
Julie Bishop is doing quite well too.
She speaks well, dresses well and is a credit to the country when she is overseas.

I cringe when our bumbling PM speaks into microphones at overseas events and parliaments. Surely his speech writers and minders should be pointing out the numbers of 'um's', Ah's and Er's he says in every sentence?

She remains the only female in Abbott's front bench, but she outshines the others.
What amuses me is that poor Julia Gillard was pilloried by the Liberal ol ' boys club for being an unmarried, childless, woman in a senior position in what they saw as a man's world.

So is Julie Bishop.
Good luck to her I say.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 6 September 2014 11:31:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indi: The Canetoad:

That notorious feral pest has been spreading, and it's now appeared in Canberra!
Responsible for the destruction of the enviroment, toxic to anyone touching it and a threat to Australia's future, the pest would appear unstoppable, at the moment anyway.
However, there is hope.
Scientists have determined that we have an opportunity rid ourselves of this feral nuisance and it's poisonous companions in one fell swoop, the proposed method being....a Double Dissolution!

Get the hint?
As for Hasn'tbeen, I may espouse Leftish politics a lot of the time but that's mostly because I believe in Democracy, the rule of the masses, NOT the Rule of the Elites so beloved of the Right.
I DO NOT support Labor, they are little different from the Canetoad's Liberals and I happen to agree with you, they have NOTHING to offer the electorate, either as leaders or as supporters of women or their aspirations.
The only area the Canetoad even approaches being sensible is a small part of his illegal immigrant policy, and he's turned that into a highly-suspect and indefensible ham-fisted circus, he's lied, broken his word and concealed the truth at every turn, doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it?
I offer you this for some perspective, on both he and his token woman minister.
http://www.independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/australia-after-one-year-of-abbott-how-did-it-come-to-this,6865
Posted by G'dayBruce, Sunday, 7 September 2014 9:37:06 AM
I get the distinct impression that you would
support the current government and its
ministers - no matter what they said and did.
Foxy,
That's what you do with the ALP ! Just re-read your defense on-the-run posts.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 7 September 2014 9:42:20 AM
Suse, she dresses well, she can't match Little Johnny Howard in his green and gold trackie dacks, and pink really is not her color.
Who knows Julie could be the next 'Attila the Hen'. As for Tone's 'um's', Ah's and Er's the speech writers put them in purposely Tony isn't a great thinker on his feet, come to think of it, Tony is not a thinker in any position. My vote for the best performer in the Parliament, male, female or otherwise, who is not a Green goes to Labor's Penny Wong, its really Lee Rhiannon.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 7 September 2014 9:55:50 AM
Suse,

"She speaks well, dresses well and is a credit to the country when she is overseas."

Actually, if you've ever watched her in Question Time, Jules comes across as a thirteen year-old schoolgirl.....you know - the "popular" type who skites around the quadrangle bitching with the other popular girls.

She also can't resist on occasion of lapsing into a "stand-up" comedy routine.....the only problem being that her delivery is rotten - and her material isn't funny.

Personally, I reckon she should accompany Eleventy Joe to his drama class on Tuesday nights...it's stood him in good stead up till now (at least until his crappy budget:)
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 7 September 2014 10:18:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy