The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is this the answer to greatly improving road safety?

Is this the answer to greatly improving road safety?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
OUG....are you feeling alright?..."Constitutional guarantee of the freedom"...Just one thing to say to you...(nine steps back and one step forward)....welcome to the human race:)....

Kat
Posted by ORIGINS OF MAN, Saturday, 28 June 2014 3:06:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's called hard evidence, and can't be disputed.
Yes, indisputable evidence of the failure of our education system ! It's a mentality thing & poor education can not improve poor mentality.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 28 June 2014 7:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< It's called hard evidence, and can't be disputed. >>

Yes 579.

So why then are the police and all other relevant authorities so reluctant to promote the use of in-vehicle cameras?

Recent comments from the Qld Police Minister, Jack Dempsey are positive, but this is the only bit of positivity I have heard from any authority.

<< It just depends what state you live in. >>

Could you please elaborate. Is there actually a state police service or government that views this positively?
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 28 June 2014 8:42:50 PM
My experience (I’ve been a prolific driver all around the country for decades. My little Xtrail is just coming up 400 000 on the clock, after having had it for six years) is that there are an awful lot of very ratty drivers out there who feel as though they can act as aggressively and unlawfully as they like with complete impunity, because the ordinary citizen can’t do jack sh!t about it, and there is sweet stuff all chance of the police actually seeing them do it.

Speeding, tailgating and general abuse of those who are observing the law is rife. And many of these total wank*rs just go totally feral if you give them any signal of discontent.

Cameras mounted in vehicles would CURE this problem.

I can’t see why it wouldn’t be the answer to greatly improving road safety – to a greater extent than all the speed cameras and most of the rest of the police effort that gets put into road safety.

And only a small percentage of vehicles would have to have them in order to make law-breakers or would-be law-breakers realise that there is a high chance of them being sprung if they muck around.

It is such a simple idea. And yet it is somehow good for cyclists, but not good for cars and trucks, in the eyes of our illustrious police and politicians.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 28 June 2014 8:46:01 PM
Luddy,
you got my support for that one. What are people doing on the road that makes so upset about being filmed ? I suppose the wank*rs & crims but otherwise why object ?
If I did something stupid then I'd rather have the images of a camera as evidence rather than some asexual acdemic's version.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 28 June 2014 8:52:09 PM
In car cams are very common in Vic, It not only keeps people at a safe distance it is good for keeping an eye on police when you get pulled over. With picture and sound.

I have a bumper sticker that says this car takes photo's.

One rear and one forward, when you turn the key the cams are on. No need to rewind it just keeps rotating on a 32 mb micro disc.

I think the idea generated from police cars having them, they are a good thing.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 29 June 2014 9:51:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy