The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott's diplomatic triumphs.

Abbott's diplomatic triumphs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All
Paul,

Royal commissions are expensive usually formed for large scale endemic corruption such as has persisted in the unions, or where the information is not available without the coercive abilities of the RC.

Bad behaviour in one section of one bank, with information that is freely available with a simple subpoena requires no more than a simple judicial enquiry.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/politics-in-crisis-and-a-nation-in-denial/story-e6frg74x-1226974255262

"Any nation that has lost the art of collective self-improvement has stepped on to the escalator of decline. Australia is on that escalator. Its politics are so noisy, egotistical, destructive and consumed by self-interest that it has missed where the escalator is heading."

Paul remember Lee Rhiannon's corrupt back stabbing and releasing lies about other greens members?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 4:11:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul remember Lee Rhiannon's corrupt back stabbing and releasing lies about other greens members? No! I don't remember things that never happened. Shadow that's Greens with a capital 'G'.
I'm not just talking about Com Bank, but throw in Mac Bank, ANZ Bank, In fact throw in the wholes nest of vipers. These grubs have been trusted with billions of dollars of honest hardworking Australians savings, and there is strong evidence that the banks employed financial advisers that put theirs, and the banks interests, ahead of those poor unfortunate investors, with the consequence that millions of dollars of battlers savings, often retirement savings, have been "lost", through criminal action, yeah lost! More likely found its way into some of those fat cats pockets.
Now, like the honest people such as Lee Rhiannon and the Greens, plus Nick Xenophon, and even some Nationals are calling for a wide ranging Royal Commission into both the banks and ASIC.
Shadow who's side are you on? Like us honest Greens, the battlers, or like Abbott and co, the big end of town and their criminal bunch! Your call.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 6:11:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"TREASURY chief Martin Parkinson has warned that opposition to the savings measures in the budget risks inflicting long-term damage to Australia’s economic future. Dr Parkinson also declares that Australia’s budget position is not sustainable without major reform and the government’s budget strategy achieves this. Although the strategy would pave the way for much-needed reform of the tax system, however he says it is unrealistic to suggest the budget could be brought back to balance by raising taxes."

Paul,

What side am I on? Easy, the side of reason.

What I want is a full enquiry from which a set of recommendations can be produced and actions / prosecutions can occur. A RC in using coercive powers to force people to testify, often produces more information into what has occurred, but in doing so often sets up conditions that prevent the perpetrators being prosecuted.

Any evidence produced under duress in an RC violates a person's right to silence and makes the evidence produced or resultant evidence difficult to use in a prosecution. So in a nutshell, if you want to spend a lot of money, and let the guilty get off scott free then an RC is for you. If you want a less costly inquiry that produces recommendations that can be directly acted on, then a JC is a better investment.

So Paul what side are you on. The rational Libs, or the crooked incompetent, knee jerk greens.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 8:25:18 AM
Careful SM you may be bowing to the Greens, in your lifetime.
All i know it won't be Abbott, he has disgraced himself beyond redemption.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 12:08:02 PM
Shadow, I'll stick with the hard working Aussie battlers who have been taken for a ride by those rip off banks. You can stick with the big end of town and their lackeys in the Liberal Party if you wish. I'll agree with the fair minded politicians on all sides who are calling for a Royal Commission.
Shadow what I see is people like Cormann and Abbott are out to protect the banks at the expense of the hard done by, who have been taken for a ride, it is as simple as that. Take one look at the only dissenting voice on the committee of inquiry, the Liberal David Bushby. The bloke failed to attend on April 10 when Jeff Morris (the whistleblower), CBA executives, ASIC officials and Merilyn Swan (victim) all gave evidence. Then Bushby puts out a 6 page report of his own supporting the banks position, and that is up against the 547 page report put out by the rest of the all party committee. Now Cormann and Abbott are using Bushby's 6 pages to justify protecting the banks. I smell a rat here!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 11:09:59 PM

You can continue bowing to Abbott, it will be a cold day in hell before the Aus voters are stupid enough to vote for a greens majority. It is a fringe protest party that has effectively killed any government it has been part of.

Paul,

If you are on the side of the battlers, why do you want an RC that could potentially protect those that harmed them, and tie up any potential compensation for years. A JC could investigate with subpoenas and deliver recommendations for compensation and prosecution within 6 months. Labor and the greens have only their own political interests at heart, and care little about the battlers. Calling for an RC is to try and divert the attention from their corrupt links with the unions that is being exposed.

P.S. Milne is starting to look a little shaky after failing to back the petrol excise indexing. Rhiannon is sharpening her back stabbing knives again.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 3 July 2014 4:14:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy