The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > colonisation..has many ill fruits*

colonisation..has many ill fruits*

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hi there INDIVIDUAL...

Good to speak with you again, particularly with such an excellent question. My understanding, under very special circumstances the military can be brought in for the purpose of imposing martial law. Not unlike that with is occurring in Thailand at the moment.

It can only happen if in the opinion of the Prime Minister or the Premier of a State, believes the civil police have either lost control, or unable to maintain 'the peace' in circumstances where there's a serious apprehension of violence, occasioning death or serious injury, which is either taking place or is about to take place, and the police are incapable of preventing it ?

Also, they must first seek the approval of the Governor General, or in the case of the States, the Governor in Council. It's a pretty complex issue, and I may well be wrong in articulating the actual process in the correct order, that must first occur before the military can take takes over ? Perhaps someone herein can correct me please ? Something I am sure of, all necessary authorities can be achieved by telephone. Naturally because of the gravity of such an extraordinary event.

Beside you, me and the gate post INDIVIDUAL, I'd love to see a Company or two of well trained Aussie Infantry Soldiers, go into a particular suburb (in Sydney) and clean the bloody place out for us - 'Us' by definition, means both the poor ol' coppers, and the hapless community alike !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 4:33:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there ONE UNDER GOD...

You're quite correct, I was straying well of your topic there, which is essentially, the benefits or otherwise of colonisation. Sorry for that. One comment of yours though, that I thought was curious Johan; Your view of the quintessential template of the ideal police officer so perfect, he or she would sit next to God ?

On another matter, you'll never get any argument from me, nor would I suggest 80 - 85% of sworn officers, police should not be viewed as purveyors of government revenue ! While it's true in most traffic matters a fine is usually the penalty, the police must try to calm and control traffic in our very busy cities. Unless the judiciary determined every offender is either jailed or merely admonished, the only other realistic option is a fine, the proceeds of which help swell the government coffers. I realise your argument is police grabbing some hapless motorist for some 'piddling' little offence instead of out catching real crooks ?

Actually Johan, there's no way around that. Otherwise, each individual copper would have his favourite offences, those he likes to interdict ! Ignoring others he has no particular problem with ? It would ultimately result in mayhem unfortunately.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 5:09:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o/song/quote..<<..One comment of yours..I thought was curious Johan;..the quintessential template of the ideal police officer..so perfect,..he or she would sit next to God..?>>

i was raised..in/the times..of the sherrif*[the texus rangers]..zorro/the boddy/the mounties\the white hat/hero.
[im not..sure where else;..a good/copper..would have earned,..to sit

[that being said/there..is only..the/one seat/..next to god[ie only one cop..meets that high measure.[and i havnt/met\him\her..yet.

>>While it's true..in most/traffic matters;..a fine\..is usually the penalty,>>[there is..the problem/the state cannot..mint coin[cannot revenue raise]..must..*make nothing..but coin/lawfull=tender\for payments of debt,[fed-con;115]..see coin act1965/lawfull/tender[14]..

its unconstitutional.

<<..the police..must try/to calm..and control traffic..in our very busy cities.>>

they have done..experiments..[in europe]..where they/removed all\that road/traffic calming garbage/wheres/before/,..at least once a week/there/was a..'reportable/incident..once coppers..get out/of it it..became incident free.

people know..how to do/the right-thing/hate..being..forced
one copper\..with a neighbourhood\..behind him/can beat..any..hit/'squad'..

point being..we got double police/numbers[im talking/private cops/]
and yet..we arnt as safe..as we deserve..to/be

thats because..we..are food/to any ego/based pig/with..a problem
mans/createst-danger..is..a thug/..with..force-of-law/..behind-it.

..<<Unless the/judiciary..determined every\offender..is either jailed or..merely admonished,>>

yeah/nuthing makes..us feel/better..that a more\holy/than thou..lecture..from a bent..copper.[unless its..ya kids comming home saying your scum/because\all smokers..are scum.[drugs/are\dumb...not symptum]

<<the only/other\realistic option..is a fine,>>

fine..the thief steals..your 13.000 dollar car
sells it's/bits..for 800 bucks..[burns-the/rest]..pays/the fine[steals..two more cars to pay the lawyer/fees[funny things is crims/steal..to stay out of jail/coppers..should be about restoring the theft's..affect/damages...imediatly.

stolen car/
here is..a ticket/for\..a new one

bald tyres/
no worries..here is a bob jane voucher..for 4 new tyres
just pay-off..the installments/intrest free

<<..the proceeds..of which..crimes
help swel.. the government coffers.>>

the money/raised..revenue;.has bad karma

<<>.I realise your argument..is police grabbing..some hapless motorist for some..'piddling' little offence..instead of out catching real crooks ?>>

[and yet while we talked..300 speed camera fines..were booked/for a private multinational/proffit..[with a business plan....they collect the revenue..for gov]t..govt gets a token/kickback...we/get\ripped.

pay-up..or go to..the private prison/
govt promised to ke2p 120 percent fuller..than any govt prison can.

<<Actually Johan,..there's no-way around that>>

lock/up..the whole family/clearly the whole family has a problem
dont just lock/away fathers so govt can take the kids off single mums

its mayhem..kids..with guns/and peers
going out..hunting other kids...with threats/fines..punitive-minting..of coin.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 6:35:27 PM
Hi o sung wu,
yes I have sort of had an inkling about martial law but that's such a run around that it is not worthwhile to bother with. Can you imagine the lefitie do-gooders reaction to martial law being imposed upon a remote community because they're all drunk ?
I would be much in favour of soldiers either full time or reservists being called upon at a moments notice if a group of drunks get out of hand. By the time you get through to the GG's secretary, hundreds & thousands of dollars worth of damage has been done. I was thinking of the local sergeant calling such army personnel & respond within minutes to a disturbance. Most situations would be settled before the third window was smashed. The situation on Palm Island a few years ago could a have been settled before that fellow got killed & the whole thing blew totally out of proportion. Most riots are heat of the moment situations & the appearance of a couple of Police Officers flanked by a dozen reserist army will quell any uprising even before it starts.
Those students the other day hassling the minister could have been identified in three minutes flat & have their opportunity to go to Uni deservedly ruined. We don't need morons like that in our education system.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 22 May 2014 7:35:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there INDIVIDUAL...

Yes it would be a very comforting thought to attend some of these real trouble spots with a platoon of fit young soldiers, all wearing 'greens' ! Some of these boof-heads have no respect for police. But they would be most unwise indeed to show the same level of disrespect for tough and extraordinarily fit, young soldiers ?

Ah well one day perhaps !
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 22 May 2014 9:50:51 PM
indy/quote..<<..yes I have..had an inkling..about martial law but that's such a run around..that it is not worthwhile..to bother with.>>

i have long called/on all loyal to the queen[and who serving in thearmed forces/hasnt..sworn to protect/her hair and suck..

but the servants fail to see debasement/of the queens coin/as the highest treason there is[by debasing the peoples commonwealth]..the rot began/when they stole the silver/gold from our coin

<<..Can you imagine the lefitie do-gooders reaction to martial law being imposed upon a remote community because they're all drunk..?>>

no/but i see..the day..soon/when hrh highness declares its time we had an audit[muster]..to see who has been good/or ill]..timming will be everything[and/that judgment day..is not far off..[some have betrayed the royal warrent.[thats high treason/too]

yes bring..in the army/cause the boys in blue[our jailers]..are serrving unlawfull order/that was refuted..at neuremberg/that said no foreign troops nor quasi private ngo/contracters/only those sworn/to seve/PROTECT*..the oppressors must begone.[or the colluded treason/live-on.]

<<..By the time you get through/to the GG's secretary,..hundreds & thousands of dollars..worth of damage has been done.>>

govt/is\there..to underwrite/the will of/its\trust..[the people]
thus govt serves/that normal..'service..will resume/as son as the repair/squads[raeme/recovery/engenering'proper autoritarian-governing over sights..over much reduced public ser-vice..]..the repair begins when the cavelry gets there[to fix things/as instantly..as the situation/demansss..as soon as the cmf/gets there..

but the cmf=dead

<<..I was thinking of the local sergeant calling such army personnel & respond within minutes to a disturbance.>>

me/too/but behind..him..comes..the dpp/who do the accounting
who have the police/who can only act..under official/specific order/like keeping good order.

<<.Most situations would be settled..before the third window was smashed...>>too right/plus..if national disaster=likely..we prempt/the right thing be done/by order/[ie trim trees/clean-up loose stuff[now]..your responsabilty ends the next fence/not your boundry..

one-in=all-in
who judge/the injury/apply/the remedy..;..instantly.
Posted by one under god, Friday, 23 May 2014 7:35:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy