The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > $7bn for 3% of Labor's mega white elephant NBN.

$7bn for 3% of Labor's mega white elephant NBN.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
We have to get away from this notion that we are a free country, because now, more so than ever, we just cant afford it any more.

I use an ipad, either with a pre paid sim, or my phones hot spot and i get great speed.

If i was a business and wanted to send large files, then surely its not unreasonable to expect me to pay for the speed i require. Surely!

In my opinion the NBN would never of passed any value for money test as it was always going to be gross overkill. It was like building a six lane highway to a country town where only 10% of the population owns a car.

Furthermore, the NBN is simply another failed policy to add to the dozens of failed policies by a grossly incompetent government, yet they and their supporters have the hide to accuse Tony Abbott of being incompetent.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:59:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

I know how much you must have missed my updates...but here's one from Stephen Koukoulas from 2 hrs ago.

"The govt just borrowed $7 billion in a bond tender of a new 2026 bond. 4.375%"

http://thekouk.com/blog/government-debt-watch.html#.Ux1CoP226f0

(Since you're all so concerned about fiscal management)
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 4:52:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
P,

It is useful to remember the cost of financing and refinancing Labor's debt, and how much has been wasted.

Imagine having some of the hundred of billions of $ that Labor wasted to spend on health and education.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 5:30:19 PM
P,

Just for you:

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2014/3/13/technology/turning-conroys-nbn-legacy-dust

"The Coalition flagged the audit when it was in opposition, but just what benefit it will deliver is still open to conjecture. Is this just another attempt by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull to validate the Coalition’s position on the NBN? Or is it an exercise in vilification as the audit attempts to lay bare Labor’s incompetency?

One suspects it’s a bit of both and, leaving motivations aside for a minute, the end result seems predetermined.

Senator Conroy won’t have to worry about NBN Co staffers speaking ill of him behind his back for too much longer -- in four months’ time the audit will no doubt have enough ammunition to dismantle Conroy’s NBN legacy, root and branch."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 13 March 2014 8:35:00 AM
Its a familiar tail isn't it shadow minister, yet more labor incompetence unfolding.

The sad part is we just don't know how many skeletons they have left in the closet

Its sheer madness that such an incompetent mob can be voted in by incopitant supporters and we all have to suffer the consequences. Bring on political indemnity insurance i say.

Instead of most of us looking forward to a well earned retirement, we will most likely be fending off challenges and dodging bullets from those looking at ways of stealing our nest eggs simply because some people cant see beyond today.

It sucks!

Watch out for your super i say because it will be firmly in their sights as someone has to pay for this incompetence and it wont be anyone who failed to secure their futures.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 March 2014 4:12:04 PM
rehctub,

"... we will most likely be fending off challenges and dodging bullets from those looking at ways of stealing our nest eggs simply because some people cant see beyond today.

It sucks!

Watch out for your super i say because it will be firmly in their sights as someone has to pay for this incompetence and it wont be anyone who failed to secure their futures."

Yeah, mate...I do feel sorry for you - constantly fussing and fidgeting, anguishing and lamenting that someone is going to take your stuff.

Not a great way to spend one's life.

Sad really.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 March 2014 4:20:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy