The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > APEC Conference

APEC Conference

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Is Sydney the most suitable venue for the Conference.
Could not the disruption to the city be avoided and the security be made easier if the Conference was held at, as has been suggested on another forum, Alice Springs?
Or as was also suggested in a post that I read, that it be held in Canberra which is the Nation's Capital and ought to be used for really, really important meetings etc.

If Canberra is not suitable then why do we have it? Canberra, that is.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 16 May 2007 9:30:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agreed, Canberra should be the venue for the APEC meetings.

Sydney is an overcrowded cesspool. Hardly the ideal venue for some of the world's most powerful leaders.
Posted by Oligarch, Thursday, 17 May 2007 2:27:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oli, if it were a cesspool i would disagree with you as usual. but it's not, until the illuminati jet in and stink up the place. better they should turn canberra into a cesspool.

there is something really rotten about the security levels required for these people. i suppose the secret service in particular has an unlimited budget, an 'not on my watch' mentality, and a blind contempt for the rest of the human race.

the result is, when shrub steps out of the oval office, trumpets sound and "xerxes leaves the tent" is translated into "potus is passing, all heads down, or die".

i have lived long enough to have seen a bit of cultural evolution. there are amusing parallels between contemporary american history and the final years of the republic of rome, and it's early imperial stage. the joke comes from the constant use of the word 'democracy'.
Posted by DEMOS, Thursday, 17 May 2007 10:55:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy