The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Toyota, the Third Bottle Falls

Toyota, the Third Bottle Falls

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Josephus,
I think WA had the biggest rise but is still one of the lowest at 5.1 percent.
Many large mining projects are reaching the production stage which would account for the rise. Less people are required once the mine finishes the construction stage.
Not an abnormal event in the west as mineral demand is reflected in the associated manufacturing and construction etc.
Not necessarily boom or bust but is does fluctuate substantially and has been like that for as far back as I can recall.
Governments sadly, appear to be always out of step with these fluctuations. What more can you expect with unqualified politicians running the country.
Take it easy.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Friday, 14 February 2014 9:00:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus, mining is your answer, because that's pretty much all they have and, if they have to pay taxes on top of taxes, they sitmonmtheirnhands and await good times again, or, they ramp down their production and run on skeleton staff.

It's called a reaction, tomthe action that was imposed on them.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 February 2014 4:08:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butcher,
It all comes down to the price of the commodity at the time.
I can recall pulling the drill out of the hole and seeing gold up front, in your face, the Geo was not interested because gold was not worth a damn at the time. Nickel was all the go.
And so it goes. That particular spot became a big gold mine in later years.
Country that is crud at one time becomes an ore body at some other time, it all depends on demand and price.
Pollies don't have a lot to do with that. Their masters do.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Friday, 14 February 2014 7:58:48 PM
Yes SD I agree, but now that the good times are taxed so heavily, miners will sit out the bad times. The result, lost jobs.

How clever is that, talk about 5hit in your mown nest.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 15 February 2014 7:37:59 AM
Butcher,
A bit off topic but I kept an eye on those leases for a while where I saw the gold in the sample. No opportunity arose to slip in and peg the country whilst I was watching, sadly.
I had to confine my pegging activities to other areas. Interesting business without a doubt. I still kick and crack a rock from time to time, it gets in the blood.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Saturday, 15 February 2014 7:41:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy