The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Meaning of Life

The Meaning of Life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
“Life decreases local entropy” - Leslie Dean Brown.

"Entropy doesn't notice" - me.
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 27 January 2014 10:43:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
what you really mean but can translate is that ignorance truly can be bliss.
Posted by individual, Monday, 27 January 2014 11:56:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ignorance is bliss only for those who don't
consider it a handicap.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 27 January 2014 12:30:13 PM
This is a very deep philosophical question ? When I look around at the many millions of people in this world who have absolutely no meaning in their lives...well I don't know ?

There are those poor people in Africa who have nothing, their stomachs distended and engorged by abject starvation through not only famine, through the corruption and greed of these filthy warlords who take their 'cut' before the UN and other agencies are free to distribute basic staples of life to these starving miserable souls.

They barely have 'life', certainly without 'meaning' ?

I will admit, willingly. If it were ever possible to (again) take up arms, I'd have no contrition or reluctance whatsoever, of ridding this earth of these filthy, greedy disgusting warlords.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 27 January 2014 1:40:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
working out the meaning of life without acknowledging the Author of Life is a futile exercise. Denying Ones Maker leads to obvious despair and a lack of any rationality. Look at things through ones own puny minds is an exercise in vanity. Look to the One who came to earth and promised abundant life and you will see purpose.
Posted by runner, Monday, 27 January 2014 2:40:14 PM
< I will admit, willingly. If it were ever possible to (again) take up arms, I'd have no contrition or reluctance whatsoever, of ridding this earth of these filthy, greedy disgusting warlords. >

LOL! o sung wu. They walk among us so be careful what you wish for.
You need look no further than Central Bankers protected by .gov to find your enemy!

The meaning of life is chaotic and will be argued to infinity and beyond.
For a physicist it's finding that Grand Unified Theory that explains all.
For a politician it's filling his pockets to the brim with other peoples money.
There are those useful idiots that only care about getting more votes for their party and nothing else matters.
There are those that just want to stick their noses in other peoples meaning of life.
Then you have the types that have such shallow and meaningless lives that their whole pursuit and meaning of life is to control and disrupt others from having a life.

And then there are those that are all of the above!

So does anyone really think there is a Grand Unified Theory of life?
Reality shows us it's not possible!
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 27 January 2014 3:38:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy