The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Meaning of Life

The Meaning of Life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
It’s a new year and the time when people review the last year and reflect on the future. What have they achieved, what does it all mean? Newspaper articles are written on the subject and the ABC, through its religious department, has initiated a program to find the answers to the great question: What is the meaning of life?

When I throw a tin can at some yowling cats on the back fence I mean to scatter them, and an intelligent cat amongst them would know that the meaning of that event was that a superior animal, a human, had meant to do it. Every individual is conscious of the meaning of their physical actions but when humans ask the question of the meaning of life beyond themselves they answer in the same way as the cat: that there exists a superior force, or being, which has its own meaning for us mortals.

No-one has ever met a supernatural being in the flesh to be able to ask it what meaning it might have so we have to return to earth to find the answer to the question.

The superior force to us individuals is the community into which we are born. The community sets its own goals of health, wealth and happiness. It lays out the behaviour required of its citizens to achieve those goals and, provided the individual meets those, the individual is regarded as a valued citizen. If an individual breaks the community’s rules they are looked on as sinners and punished. A recent ICAC investigation in NSW, in relation to coal leases, illustrates the point.

So, the meaning of life for an individual will be determined by their own contribution to the well-being of the community in which they live, for good or evil.
Posted by John Warren, Sunday, 26 January 2014 4:26:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 26 January 2014 5:49:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like what Julian Baggini in his book,
"What's it all about?" writes:

"Trying to work out the meaning of life can be
rather like trying to assemble Ikea furniture when
you're convinced that you're missing a piece or haven't
been given the proper instructions..."

Perhaps that's why some people turn to religion.
Religion provided a theodicy that gives meaningful
answers to ultimate and eternal questions about
existence. Religion offers explanations of humaan
predicaments and gives purpose to a universe that
might otherwise seem meaningless. People everywhere feel
a need for these ultimate meanings to give coherence to
their lives, and in most societies religion has almost a
monopoly over the available answers.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 26 January 2014 6:25:15 PM
John Warren, "So, the meaning of life for an individual will be determined by their own contribution to the well-being of the community in which they live, for good or evil"

I do not know about an afterlife, but I do know that happiness in life involves caring for others and being of service to one's community.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 26 January 2014 6:28:45 PM
The meaning of life depends on the quality of life others let you have.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 26 January 2014 6:31:55 PM
It's what you do with the life you've got
that gives it meaning.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 27 January 2014 9:55:36 AM
“Life decreases local entropy” - Leslie Dean Brown.

"Entropy doesn't notice" - me.
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 27 January 2014 10:43:48 AM
Foxy,
what you really mean but can translate is that ignorance truly can be bliss.
Posted by individual, Monday, 27 January 2014 11:56:37 AM
Ignorance is bliss only for those who don't
consider it a handicap.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 27 January 2014 12:30:13 PM
This is a very deep philosophical question ? When I look around at the many millions of people in this world who have absolutely no meaning in their lives...well I don't know ?

There are those poor people in Africa who have nothing, their stomachs distended and engorged by abject starvation through not only famine, through the corruption and greed of these filthy warlords who take their 'cut' before the UN and other agencies are free to distribute basic staples of life to these starving miserable souls.

They barely have 'life', certainly without 'meaning' ?

I will admit, willingly. If it were ever possible to (again) take up arms, I'd have no contrition or reluctance whatsoever, of ridding this earth of these filthy, greedy disgusting warlords.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 27 January 2014 1:40:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
working out the meaning of life without acknowledging the Author of Life is a futile exercise. Denying Ones Maker leads to obvious despair and a lack of any rationality. Look at things through ones own puny minds is an exercise in vanity. Look to the One who came to earth and promised abundant life and you will see purpose.
Posted by runner, Monday, 27 January 2014 2:40:14 PM
< I will admit, willingly. If it were ever possible to (again) take up arms, I'd have no contrition or reluctance whatsoever, of ridding this earth of these filthy, greedy disgusting warlords. >

LOL! o sung wu. They walk among us so be careful what you wish for.
You need look no further than Central Bankers protected by .gov to find your enemy!

The meaning of life is chaotic and will be argued to infinity and beyond.
For a physicist it's finding that Grand Unified Theory that explains all.
For a politician it's filling his pockets to the brim with other peoples money.
There are those useful idiots that only care about getting more votes for their party and nothing else matters.
There are those that just want to stick their noses in other peoples meaning of life.
Then you have the types that have such shallow and meaningless lives that their whole pursuit and meaning of life is to control and disrupt others from having a life.

And then there are those that are all of the above!

So does anyone really think there is a Grand Unified Theory of life?
Reality shows us it's not possible!
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 27 January 2014 3:38:25 PM
It is just natural curiosity to wonder "why".

But that doesn't mean there is an answer any more complex than "because".

Unfortunately some folk invent their own answers, then disagree with others who have reached a different conclusion, and proceed to beat their brains out in order to defend their own explanation.

Life is good. Live it. Treasure it. Don't make it more complicated than it already is.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 27 January 2014 3:54:47 PM
Hi RAWMUSTARD...

You're of course right. There are only a hand full of people who truly, economically rule this world. They're to be found in Wall Street, and similar locations across the globe.

But no, it's not them. It's those few who can literally determine the fate of millions of the world's starving people, as to whether or not they live.

This foul group have never seen Wall Street, probably never heard of it ? They actually comfortably live amongst these starving souls, where it's so convenient and facile, siphoning off every sliver or dollop of 'scrap' from the very edge of ravenous mouths. Without ever batting an eye of conscience or penitence.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 27 January 2014 4:17:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't make it more complicated than it already is.
pericles,
Tell that our idiotic justice system after you've had all your plans ruined by some crapheads who then get off with help of a legal aid system that we pay for.
Posted by individual, Monday, 27 January 2014 4:37:57 PM
Hi John,

An interesting and timely question.

Most of the responses will no doubt focus upon the outpourings of the level of cognitive skills with which our species has been credited.

In truth we are just a manifestation of the wonders of nature. A fungus on the third planet from our host star.

We have developed on a warm, wet planet and are destined to go nowhere. We will expire with our Sun or by some other quirk of our solar system before then.

Our imagination is running riot with possibilities that can never be achieved because we cannot accept our destiny of extermination as our host solar system ticks away towards its end point.

We should enjoy our brief spell as sentient beings and pay little homage to the unachievable extravaganzas we imagine can exempt our species from the same end as nature has always intended.

Nature cares nothing for what we are or what we think. The problem for humans is that we “think” we are immortal in some shape or form.

Our future will be littered with our objections to the truth
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 27 January 2014 4:50:16 PM
Wow! spindoc. You don't think we'll ever leave this rock and colonise another/others or simply exist in space?

If humans don't obliterate themselves before we learn more about our universe and mother nature gives a go without stepping on us like the bug we are. I see us transforming into machines with our consciousness intact and running the show. As I said, the meaning of life will be argued to infinity and beyond.
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 27 January 2014 8:40:05 PM
< But no, it's not them. It's those few who can literally determine the fate of millions of the world's starving people, as to whether or not they live. >

And who do you think finances those tyrants, o sung wu, fairies?
For everyone you kill, o sung wu, the banksters will create another one! Always best to attack a problem at its roots I reckon!

Some of those people live in some of the most resource rich places on the planet. Why is it that as soon one of them holds up a light bulb or a plough, they're shot in the head? Surely those thugs could see the benefits of allowing their people to build a more prosperous nation before plundering its wealth? Or are they simply there to ensure those resources stay in the ground to create artificial scarcity and allow others to plunder when needed?

I say this, o sung wu, because if we were truly serious about helping them we could turn those places into richer countries than Australia instead of throwing them stale bread loaves and introducing them to democracy via shock and awe!
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 27 January 2014 9:11:54 PM
Here ya go, o sung wu. Tell me there's not sum ting wong here?
This is a very recent example!
http://rt.com/shows/sophieco/banks-globe-stream-economy-875/
Posted by RawMustard, Monday, 27 January 2014 9:34:29 PM
Rawmustard,
In order to combat greed you need to eliminate religion & that's not easy but it can be done. Sport & entertainment too are contributing to prolonging poverty by way of unfair distribution of wealth. The problem is that these things are exploted by the greedy & heavily supported by the stupid. As long as people remain indoctrinated instead of educated the situation will not change.
I believe a National Service would be an effective antidote for that stupidity & ignorance but at this stage too many stupid & ignorant are against the introduction of such a scheme. One way to get it off the ground is to offer incentives such as preference in employment or housing for someone who has completed National Service.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 6:41:40 AM
What can I say, individual...

>>Don't make it more complicated than it already is. pericles, Tell that our idiotic justice system after you've had all your plans ruined by some crapheads who then get off with help of a legal aid system that we pay for.<<

"Your results may vary"

"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear"

"Do not operate heavy machinery"

"If there is no improvement, consult your health practitioner."
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 9:32:44 AM
G'day RAWMUSTARD...

I guess for me, it's a case of the heart ruling the head ? Thanks for that enlightening link apropos the HSBC and their corrupt and immoral practices. Dispensing with a few ignorant warlords would probably achieve very little in reality. To accurately determine the mineral and agricultural wealth of some of the stricken countries, would prove interesting though ?

Still and all, if it were possible that these nations could be potentially developed, then perhaps they could be politically contrived in such a manner as to materially benefit the starving populous ? The pivotal question being, who could be sufficiently relied upon to superintend such a huge project ?

Naturally it might fall within the aegis of the World Bank to finance it, perhaps. But who'd provide the technology, and what would 'they' get out of it ? And what terms would be in place, in order to service the massive debt to the World Bank ?

RAWMUSTARD, I would think in such complex economic matters such as this, you'd be far better placed to advise ? Thank you for your timely dose of reality though, it's appreciated.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 2:13:06 PM
consult your health practitioner."
pericles,
unsound advise, they're all Labor voters.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 9:02:57 PM
Blimey, individual, you certainly are doing it tough.

>>consult your health practitioner."
pericles,
unsound advise, they're all Labor voters.<<

Mine is as leafy-northshore-Liberal as you could possibly imagine. On the desk next to the computer there's one picture of the wife, one of the wife-and-kids, and a signed one of John Howard shaking his hand.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 12:03:15 AM
Pericles,
It just goes to show how people change when they hit the outskirts. In urbania are plenty of customers to choose from & private enterprise is the way to make extra dollars. In remote area it's all & totally Govt funding. The health bureaucrat unions for example never cease from demanding more whilst the medical staff get loaded with work due to the incompetence/indifference of those in administrative manipulation.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 11:49:55 AM
OK..so lets get back..to the topic
i didnt get to comment..on as i was banned..for posting on the GOD WILL THREaD

where i posted replies to gods will
BUT YET AGAIN..subverted by those not wanting the competition..IF DODS WILL REALLY IS.

THAT OUR LIVES HAVE MEANING*
RESTORES..the meaning is restored to life
by knowing gods will is TO help us achieve our will..

BUT GOING TO THE GODWILL..AND SAYING SO..AT PROPER THREAD I FIND MY POSTING PRIVILEGES THREATENED REPEATEDLY..SO MUCH SO I LOST THE TOPIC..kind-of restated..here

bah

anyhow as i said on..the lamb island thread
[i only got the..'joy to the world' thread..link..
but a link to lamb island thread there is on that]

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6119&page=0

anyhow as jesus said..our meaning of living..is to give energy..to that we love..god isnt judging..[its just evil does its vile with more passion..than the sheeple drones speaking by rote LIKE ROBOTS..their hardwired creed..[selfish-greed]

yes sir..
yes sir..I will keep your gladstone bads full..

[of THE SWEAT..OF MY BROW..I BOW..GIVE You..my lIFES EFFORTS.wage/earnings/via threat force invasion/taxes fEES FINES LEVIES..etc etc]

BAH THE LAST FEW POSTS JUST DRIFTED THE TOPIC SO ASKEW..I DONT THINK THE THREAD CAN BE REVIVED..[so their meaning is thats their meaning ''for life'..oR of living..]

or WHAT/

so far as we could be going..could be better..
if better seeds..we were sowing

BY A CLEVER TEDDY BEAR
who csw a chair in there[behinf the veil
transmutation let the word live..;..evil../vile /veil=live

that you hate in other
you were taught to hate in yourself
itS NOT THYNE SMALLNESS YOU FEAR..but thyne INHERENT greatness.

gods will is to..you..to USE FREEWILL TO FIND YOUR WILL.
then rejecting the hurting of other off deihhering will.

oh wrong topic

so be it..get rid of that god nutter
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 13 February 2014 9:03:32 AM
hi..John Warren,/quote..<<..When I throw a tin can at some yowling cats on the back fence I mean to scatter them, and an intelligent cat amongst them would know that the meaning of that event was that a superior animal, a human, had meant to do it.>>

that was maybe..what set the topic off course
i not you post heaps..yet found little to reply..

so im looking for WHY?

<<.. Every individual is conscious of the meaning of their physical actions but when humans ask the question of the meaning of life beyond themselves they answer in the same way as the cat:>>

HOW CAN WE CHANGE THINGS?

I JUST THREW A SHOE
CATS SCATTER..SHEEPLE GATHER..[we are goats..we cant herd nor be heard

answer/like a cat..<<..that there exists a superior force, or being, which has its own meaning for us mortals.>>

but a cat dont care about any of that

see a cat loves plating WITH ITS PREY
it loves it untill its life force drains away

THE FAT CATS ARE KILLING us..BY SLOW KILL[LIKE WE ARE AT THE BASE OF THE FOOD CHAIN[JUST HUMAN KRILL]..dills with no will.

<<..No-one has ever met a supernatural being in the flesh to be able to ask it what meaning it might have so we have to return to earth to find the answer to the question.>>

sorry incorrect..god haS SENT MANY MESSENGERS TO MANKIND
THOUSANDS..but in that mix is many pretenders..[JESUS HIMSELF SAID..beware we may entertain angels..[as much as demons].. completly unawares.

<<.The superior force to us individuals
is the community into which we are born. The community sets its own goals of health, wealth and happiness.

ctd
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 13 February 2014 9:24:46 AM
hi..John Warren,/quote..<<..ctd

<<..It lays out the behaviour required of its citizens to achieve those goals and, provided the individual meets those, the individual is regarded as a valued citizen.>>

PARTIALLY CORRECT..IN TRUTH OUR PREVIOUS LOWER LIVES DETERNME..OUR READYNESS FOR 'HIUGHER TEACHINGS[RECALL yet agaiin christ SAID..that ye see me do..you shall do greater

thats a promise

<<..If an individual breaks the community’s rules they are looked on as sinners and punished.>>

wHEN WE do ON EARTH/AS IT IS IN THE HEAVENS
WE SHALL CAST SCum out of our community[put them into the suited community their begavious has earned

<<..the meaning of life for an individual will be determined by their own contribution to the well-being of the community in which they live, for good or evil.>>

LOVE ACCORDING TO THY MEANS AND STATION

ONLY RELIGIOUS HAVE REASON..lay CLAIM..tO GODS HOLY LAND
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152&page=0#178808
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16014&page=0
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15993&page=0

secular state..thats the joke mate
thats why i was sent..here
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 13 February 2014 9:25:22 AM
see that we are here..just to make more space
SEE IN your mind eternity.[i sutting besude you double the envisioned eternal

Holy//life lies between our two rime/space limited portals
eternals[we but a dueaLITY..of the infinite power of one

neo's god wrote..this
http://rinf.com/alt-news/editorials/space-time-and-imagination/

TRY TO MAKE A SILK PURSE OUT OF IT.

It was easy. And holy space would give us all we needed, without any action on our part. Passivity.

The philosopher-poet, Giordano Bruno, was burned to death by the Roman Church because he suggested that every soul could extend his own space infinitely and yet remain in accord with other souls. This view challenged the Church at such a fundamental level it could not go unanswered.

Bruno, in a real sense, was talking about imagination—and once that door is opened in the discussion, institutions fall.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that every human has the right to pursue life, liberty, happiness, and the creation of space, time, and energy…”

Money is the commonly held method for creating space. If you have money, you can make space. Witness, for example, the man who works for 30 years to accumulate enough to retire and build his dream house or buy his boat, so he can sail the seas. Space.

If there is a revolution in store for us, it will come by changing that formula, with enough power, so we can create the space first and then flesh it out in the world.

This is not a sedate undertaking. It isn’t a stroll in the park.

The space-time-energy of the universe could be looked at as a business deal. A guy sells you a coat. He says, “Put this on and you’ll have all the space, energy, and time you need. Why go to all the fuss of creating these things yourself?”

I’m drawing attention to the fact
that some sort of bargain..has been struck.
and between us we know it all..but alone we stand,till we chose.

meaning the meaning of life is what we chose
[GIVE OUR ENERGY TO]..you are what you eat..[take into you]..even if YOU CHEAT.
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 13 February 2014 11:00:11 AM
individual, "The health bureaucrat unions for example never cease from demanding more whilst the medical staff get loaded with work due to the incompetence/indifference of those in administrative manipulation."

I agree with you.

However we should not forget that many of the senior managers who cannot manage and are a burden on medical staff are themselves medical professionals. How do they get to manage what they cannot do themselves?

As applies in (say) the Dept of Education, there is something odd at work where professionals who are incompetent in their profession are promoted upstairs to be a millstone around the neck of those who want to work, are productive and produce good results.

However it is also true that 'positive' affirmative action and the mates for mates 'networking' (read as favouritism) that is part of it have resulted in generalists whose only claims are 'communication' and soft 'management' skills.

As a contractor there to discuss a project you sit across the table with (say) the senior manager of a public water commission only to find that the senior bureaucrat is utterly clueless about engineering and doesn't even have any hard management skills or experience at all, and is expecting you to educate her on the basics of the services her division and agency are supposed to be providing.

Meanwhile the said senior bureaucrat's 'engineer' who was imported from abroad is expecting you to shoulder the professional indemnity for him as well, because he really doesn't have the professional skills now does he? Incredibly, contractors are hired to shoulder the responsibility for whole sections of so-called 'professionals' in public agencies, where not one of the so-called professionals has the expertise and experience to certify and sign off on the work.

Private contractors to public bodies spend a lot of time managing upwards. It is exasperating and futile where the public manager is all front and no relevant expertise, which is almost invariably the case. Then public CEOs and their political masters are shocked when it rebounds on them.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 13 February 2014 12:29:28 PM
PLUS+..THIS..[and]thus....*s0
was the ,meaning..of life revealed..SHOWED/SOWED.
see page 42..[LAMB ISLAND THREAD]
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040&page=0

BUT SERIOUSLY..every written word..was inspired..[US each
by personal revelation]..

in our minds..we were moved to write/wrote/rote.

[little known..is WE EACH..ARE EXTRA DIMENSION.S..OF THE EVER INsaTE INFINITE..WE ATTEMPT..TO MAKE/REALIZE/RELEASE..AS a DEFINED/validated..FINITE...

just..by asking for proOF..SEE that
ALL HOLY TEXTS WERE INSPIRED..by gods personal*..PROOF[THEIR NAMES/UPON THEIR WITNESSED TEXTS/TRUELY/HOLY.[SIGNED SEALED]

george/qUOTE..,
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15995&page=0

in reply to..pericules..<<['Bible as evidence of..the existence of God.'].. <<,.george..<<..Well,..you obviously did not meet philosophically sophisticated Christians.>>

me../NOR THE OTHER HOLY TEXTS..of the other abrahamic/buddist/you name..it..ALL..other spiritual beliefs..[even the most/primitives pre writing children..had/have their fetishes..[ie beliefs..in higher unSEEN..PARENTAL/powers

<<>..Even the medieval Aquinas ARGUED (in his Quinque viæ or Five Ways) from philosophical considerations, not from the Bible.>>

how about swedenberg/marybaker eddie/lUther wesly bacon etc....who interpreted versions of it../IE..the bible/TRIBLE..isnt the 'BE ALL..end all to..god..[personal revelation/personal inspiration/experience..is]

people/wrote/PROMOTE..of our/ow PERSONAL EXPERIENCES OF THE UNKNOWn
the bible ..didnt write itself..IE*.*[only by PERSONAL/SPECIFIC/INDIVIDUAL..[ONE*2*ONE]..in person..experience..

IE/the lot of it*

was..personally/specifically/individual..revealed..in its day
[not..writ..by..group/but..into..book/

RIGHT NOt MIGHT..wright..it right
as..,mUch as..,By..SPECIFIC/NAmed..PERSONAL/living..witness/

then installed..in writing.....[books..book
[testimony*]....first person testi-meant.

LIFE-experience..of the higher powers..by FIRST PERSON REVALUATION/experience..the textS..WITNESS..THE PERSONAL-WITNESS* ..ala mosus on the ,mount

<<..Even more so,..contemporary theologians .who speculate on HOW to represent/model God in our minds,..and here the Bible is relevant - are not seeking scientific “evidence”..for His existence.>>

but im-till..you ask god..personally..
NO BOOK..CAN DO 'IT'..for you..

THINK..if youR deaf dumb and blind..he
yet is there..in thyne mind/..just waiting for..
that..GLORIOUS/live living moment..we ask him..for anything.

yet..we recognize him/within..all..*not

ahhhh....men
mene mene mene./
so MANY MESS-ANGERS..HE has replied/PROOFS
NONE OF THEM LIED..MOST FORGOTTEN

THINK..OH SINS..OF MEN..TO DENY GOD
IS..TO CALL..THE BEST*..OF MANKIND..LIARS*

YEP..ITS THINKING..LIKE THAT
THAT LETS YOU..INTO WHERE They..are*..AT...[

NOT*]

BUT TO READ..THEIR WORDS..LINKS..YOU/ME..WITH/THEIR ETERNAL BEING/..WITHOM OUR,,OWNED..present being..to recall their word forms..TO LIVE..IN OUR MINDS..they come..to inform/receptive minds
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 15 February 2014 10:34:06 AM
DOTH..LIFE NEEDEST..A MEANING/
meaning life is what ever..we chose..to make it.

ie i was going to start..a topic..at olo..on writing
our own collection..of essential[sacred]..texts..sort of a book of life

ie what would you include as an essential knowing
all in one book..much like wikipedia..if you like but made into hard copy..as a usefull 'guide'..to living..in this life.

we should..for example...HAVE A TRUe..histry..OF WHY WHAT HAPPENED..HAPPENED THE WAY..IT did..WHAT WENT WRONG AND the full detail DISTILLED INTO ACRTUAL FACT

till we knoW for sure what is totally true
or just a convenient..TRICK/DECEPTION..OR SECRET

BUT THATS SUBJECTIVE
iTS better if you know..thAT..what you lived was true*
AND THAT YOU CAN WITNESS TO OTHERS THAT GOOD OF YOUR PROOF/..
TRUTH..known/knowns..BECAUSE YOU LIVED IT..[KNOW YOUR LIVING..LIVE IT WELL.]..or as well as you can/without HURTING OTHER*.
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 15 February 2014 1:23:14 PM
We..are also told..that if..we cannot love..EVEN..our brothers in the world .THAT..COLLECTIVLY..we have failed..in our INTIMATE/relationship..with God.

god=good..GRACE/MERCY/Love Does Make Sense..

some of the things..that enable us to understand
love..and its importance..to all of us.

Love Is Possible..OMLY..because Man Has Choice. One of the most important properties of humans..is free will..to be humane*...

There are many..debates about free will..and how it operates
but few seriously question the role..of free-will..in love...How is it possible for someone to love you?..It only happens because the person has..the choice..not to love you.

You cannot force..grace..mercy..nor..love.

In matters..[related to God]..free-choice is still a key element. God has always allowed mankind/ANGELS/DEMONS..EVEN..THE BEAST..to have the choice*..of whether to love..[Him..or not]...We are..to "Love the Lord..[thy..CHOSEN/GOOD..]..God with all thy..WILL AND..power, mind and might"..(Matthew 22:37),

but whether..or not..we choose..to do that..or not is up to us.

There are consequences..material/karmic...limitations..in all human activities..of every choice..that we make,.and that is true of our love...CHOICES..for God..as much as it/is true..of our love..for one another.

If..we choose..to love God..and to trust Him/with-in..as the guide for Your lives..there are certain things..that we will..TO do.and n..TO Not do..and there are..PROPORTIONATE/TIMELY...consequences of those choices..both here..and in the hereafter.

There is no human..on the planet who..is not capable of both giving and receiving love,..no matter what..OUR..SPIRITUAl-condition or physical make-up..or condition..may be.

Love..Has the Power..to Change People..because It Is Potentially Free of Human Weaknesses...How can I love someone..who hates me?..BUT..BY RECOGNISING..THE GOOD..OF GOD/With-in..THEM.

How can..I..will..do good to someone..who does evil things to me?..but/by..wishing..to reverse..the upset..How can I ever turn the other cheek?..if..my own will..is too weak.

There..will never be..*world peace
until people..develop the..humane-ability..to love unconditionally. There will also..never be peace..in a family..until that can happen. BUT*..We cannot do this..on our own,..but..THE/Smallest-love can give us..the..greatest..of/powers..to do it.

AS..God dwells..WITH/in us ALL..and if,..we can turn..our anger and frustration over to him-WITHIN..,He can make change happen...It is only..our..chosen..weakness and disillusioned fear..that limits what we are able to do..towards..LIVING..in loving..BY caring for others.

The Ultimate Love..Can Make Disappointments..and Tragedies in Life Bearable and Functional...When we perfect the kind of love.that messengers..OF GOOD..OF God talk about in 1 John 3,4,
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 15 February 2014 10:37:33 PM
anyhow..what if life has no meaning

meaning..as a spirit..you begged..to be allowed
to help those poor things in the material REALM..BUT ONCE YOU GOT HERE[YOU LIKE THEM FORGOT]

think why we dream/sleep..thats how we get reminded
and where the sufferings ..of this life are balanced

but why waste BREATH JOHAN..they dont care
as spirits thEY WERE WILLFULL..as men..their just
'tough-guys'..thugs snakes in sheep clothing..SECULAR..and girly girls.
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 10:36:34 AM
AN EDIT..of a quote

WHAT..we..have Realized
IS THAT REALITY..Transmits Itself—subtly[IN SPIRIT].. as well as in the gross physical dimension—by what WE/they/ALL OF US do, by what what we are..what we think..they are,..what they think they are..what we want..we all..self realise our own reality by what they/WE feel.

Thus, accordingly, Adept-Realizers Transmit their degree of Realization...Such Transmission is inevitable,..and it is an absolute Law...[we follow leaders..who appear to offer a better visION.

This is why, traditionally, it is said that the best thing anyone can do, among all the things everyone must do—and you must do many things—the best among them, the chief among them, is to spend time in the Company of an Adept-Realizer, or Spiritual Master...[THE MEDIA IS FULL OF THEM/TELLING YOU WHAT YOU WASNT/NEED/CANT LIVE WITHOUT..[or indeed cant live with]

Everything..created..transmits...the reason/season..of its reason/for beING..[THAT WHICH ITS BEING IS/FICTIONALLY[Functionally/materially..AS MUCH AS FUNCTIONALLY[SPIRIT/ethereally]..

The stones transmit,the substance and witness their reason..of being[ready foR TRANSMUTATION]..

the sky transmits,ITS CURRENTS AND VAPORS..CONDUCTS
its condute betwixt the seen and unseen..ITS DANCES RYTHEMS..CONNECTIONS..JUST as the TV transmits.

Since everything and everyone transmits states of self existence—since life, or existence itself, is participation in transmissions of all kinds—the best thing you can do is to associate with the greatest possible Transmission. [vibe]

Since everything is transmission, spend time in the Company of the One Who spontaneously Transmits That Which Is Inherently Perfect and Ultimate...in thyne own eyes[SEEK OUT THAT YOU LOVE/BY YOUR WILL ..NOT your want.

This is the Great Rule,
the Great Law,..the Ultimate Principle of the Great Tradition of humankind.

ITS GODS WILL THAT YOU FIND THAT WILL
YOU WIll to love...then turn will into works.

Posted by one under god, Thursday, 20 February 2014 8:02:53 AM
WHILE I WAS IN CENSURE..[2 DAY SABBATICAL]..
I LEARNED THE MEANING OF LIFE IS ONLY found..IN LIVING IT.

ahhh men
its only by trial and error..that you know what works best[for you]
no one has a higher reason..THAN YOU DOING IT FOR YOU/THENfirsaking the self for other..on occasion..but if your helping yourself/thats one extra worker..set free to help other

dont get too needy
once you have met your needs..how ABOUT HELPING OTHERS MEET THEIRS
NOT DOING IT FOR THEM..but by them seeing you do it for thyself..[without hurting other]..once you have masterd the game..you dont need fear..nor threat..nor anger..nor jealousy not hate ..not lie not creed..not state..nor mate..learn how to love with grace..not hate
Posted by one under god, Monday, 10 March 2014 11:43:03 PM
[a godless/agenda]..SPORT*MUTT-ATION..[UNSEAL/THE\SEAL]
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16065&page=0

<<..So when/we see..godless-Evolutionists..playing fast..and loose with words,natural-selection[isnt-SCIENCE..INTELLIGENT..[SELECTION/DESIGN]..

NOTE..THE/confusing...WORDS..CONFUSED.."similar"..and "identical",..THUS..we see/he..is only copying what..other propagandists do,..in obscuring..the two completely different/meanings.

Human and Chimp..DNA..is NOT 96% IDENTICAL,
and..the percentage..is NOT based..on checking the..*entire Humane Genome.

Human and Chimp DNA..is an..*estimated 96% SIMILAR,
and..the percentage..is based-on..checking ABOUT 1%..*of the Human Genome.
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15995&page=0
YOU BOUGHT INTO THE SPIN
thus miss..the real means..of how god/done it...for/aqll..of us

These various types..of stabilization..processes are all well-known, well-understood ways..of producing..*new types of organisms...by hybridism/not evilootion.
http://www.macroevolution.net/chapter-4-conclusion.html

This section..also pointed out..that many such forms..have been, or are currently being,..treated as species.[within/genus].Most,.but not all,..of these processes..*depend upon hybridization.

It was also explained..how such processes,..through their repeated occurrence..can generate entire..complexes of related forms..(e.g., agamic complexes,..polyploid complexes)...Concrete examples were given..of each of these various..types of stabilization processes.

So stabilization processes..are observed facts,..not theoretical mechanisms/theories/spin/redirection...thus They provide...aproof of evolutionary change..by dvantagiouis/outcross..[hybreds]..rather than wITH-in species..MICRO-'evolution'

http://www.macroevolution.net/chapter-5-int.html
The previous section..explained..how saltation..can occur via various well-known genetic processes...

This section..(i.e., Section 5),..and the two that follow(Section 6 and Section 7..attempt to assess the evolutionary significance..of saltation and explain why it is reasonable to suppose..that the evolutionary production..of .*new forms of life..is typically saltatory,*..[IMMEDIATE/SPONTANEOUS]..*not gradual,..as traditional evolutionary..theory suggests.

http://www.macroevolution.net/recombinational-stabilization.html
Recombinant derivatives..produced from interchromoset hybridization have..all the qualities..usually expected of.."species" because they represent chromotypes..that are distinct from *either of the parental chromotypes.
http://www.macroevolution.net/hybrid-infertility.html

we musT NOT FORGET..MANY CLAIMING..'SCIENCE'..
REALLY DONT..'GET'..THE SCIENCE..but they got faith..others do..[wrongly]..it seem its all on faith..in god or a science 'man'[doing his job..tricking people away from THE LIVING LOVING GOOD/GOD..CREATING/SUSTAINING THE LIVING..OUR VERY BEING.

stabilization theory..provides a much more..satisfactory explanation than does neo-Darwinian theory.

Hybrid infertility:..Reduction in the quality and/or number of gametes produced by a hybrid..(in comparison..with its parents..
Hybrid inviability:..Impairment..of a hybrid's ability..to survive (in comparison with its parents).

A frequently encountered explanation..of the pervasiveness of hybrid infertility.*suggests that natural selection..acts directly to increase..reproductive..*isolation...EDIT..

This process,..known as.."reinforcement",..supposedly occurs when the two somasets..come back into contact..("secondary..[f2/3..4/5th..100th?..contact").

At this stage,..natural selection.is said to favor those individuals that mate..with their own kind...Thus,.it is said,..reproductive isolation..*eventually becomes complete,..as hybrids*..become less viable and fertile
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:41:28 AM
good news
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2014/03/27/Hospitals-Plot-End-Insurance-Companies

Creativity and Non-Conformity
Now listed as a Mental Illness by Psychiatrists
http://readychimp.com/2014/03/27/creativity-and-non-conformity-now-listed-as-a-mental-illness-by-psychiatrists/
Now thanks to thought policing by the American Psychiatric Association the latest addition of the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) is setting up the dominoes for arbitrary diagnosis of any dissenting individuals.

listed as new mental illnesses are above-average creativity and cynicism. The manual goes on to identify a mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD. Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/why-texas-is-booming-how-low-taxes-small-government-are-transforming-the-lone-star-state/

Slavery by consent
http://undergrounddocumentaries.com/slavery-by-consent-full-version/

The last portions are the best. We know most of this. But people who won't listen to us conspiracy theorists are easier to reach thru media because they've been indoctrinated to believe what the talking heads say.

I'm fond of http://undergrounddocumentaries.com particularly economy and banking.

http://undergrounddocumentaries.com/wage-crisis-americas-new-underclass/
http://www.themoneymasters.com/
http://rabble.ca/columnists/2014/03/why-fructose-sugar-makes-us-sick

http://investmentwatchblog.com/meanwhile-in-europe-obama-says-the-constitution-is-out-dated-international-law-is-supreme-united-nations/

http://investmentwatchblog.com/jay-jordan-warned-investors-of-financial-chaos-that-could-embroil-u-s-market-as-the-fed-tries-to-re-balance-its-unprecedented-3-5-trillion-balance-sheet/
the problem isn’t that Walmart revealed how poor its customers really are, it’s that Walmart revealed how poor U.S. shoppers really are.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2014/03/28/walmart-just-revealed-how-poor-u-s-shoppers-are/?partner=yahootix
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 30 March 2014 5:16:00 PM
THE Meaning of life is to sort the wheat from the tare
sort the sheeple from those of the goat..to sort that of god[good.grace.MERCY]..FROM THAT OF MAN.

TO TEST THOSE WITH LITTLE TO WHOM Other wise too much is given

we must sort our leaders FROM THE HATERS
the useful idiots from the mean NASTY NARCISSISTS CURRENTLY RUNNING AMOKery..OF WHAT WIL BE...[TO WHOM MUCH WAS GIVEN
SO MUCH MORE WAS EXPECTED.

ye who gave bad for good
WHO CAN TRUST YOU WITH ETERNAL INFINITUDE[YOUR WORKS REVEAL YOUR SMALLNESS..NO GREATNESS MAY BE GIVEN YE..YE TOOK YOUR BRIBES..lived your glories..but WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN/what life WERE YOU GIVEN..[THERE ARE NO Small parts..only small ACTORS]

everyone's life story is needed to tell the whole story properly

Philip Giraldi: Israel Is No Ally;
But is it even a friend?
By: PeaceAndJustice

Israel has corrupted our Congress, it interferes in American elections, its head of government publicly rebukes our own head of state, and its government ministers insult John Kerry.

The GAO has concluded that Israel conducts the most aggressive espionage operation against the United States of any US “ally”.

Friends of Israel stole enriched uranium from a Pennsylvania refinery to create a nuclear arsenal.
Israel systematically steals American technology with both military and civilian applications, then reverse engineers U.S. technology and uses it to support their own exports.
Israeli citizens residing in the US have stolen sensitive technology to manufacture artillery gun tubes, obtained classified plans for reconnaissance systems, and passed sensitive aerospace designs to unauthorized users.

So the answer to the question of “is Israel an ally of the United States” is most definitely no.
Is it even a friend?

Read more:
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2014/03/17/philip-giraldi-at-the-first-american-national-summit-reassessing-us-israel-relations/
Posted by one under god, Monday, 31 March 2014 9:13:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy