The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
Josephus
I am not disputing the influence of Christianity in our history. You may have missed where I also wrote about teaching religious history. Indeed a study of comparative religion is an important part of world history. This is very different from religious' instruction' which is nothing more than proselytising.

It is not about wanting anything 'wiped'. The use of this sort of language is emotional misdirect.

My own preferred state of affairs is to keep religion and state separate which is something for religious groups also fought and this is well documented throughout history.

Religion is a private matter and nothing to do with governments who act for all people especially within a multi-cultural society. The Liberal Party also promote multi-culturalism in their policies.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 14 January 2014 12:08:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican, that's right -- religion and government policy MUST be kept separate, otherwise as history shows, that will be the end of freedom.

The many Christian and Muslim theocracies throughout history have clearly displayed the violence, control, domination and inhumanity within these 2 religions, when it's let loose without control. Many other religions have also shown horrid brutality throughout history.

People have the absolute right to personally believe in gods and follow religions. They absolutely DON'T have the right to force the religious morality "they" believe in onto other people, via secular or religious laws. That results in the anarchy and brutality of religious theocracy.

We need to put the "factual" history of ALL religions into the school curriculum pertaining to actual History (the good, bad and horrendous). We need to remove the teaching of ALL religious instruction from the school curriculum. If someone wishes their child to receive religious instruction in the religion of their choice, then they can quite easily approach the authorities within that religion and arrange for the child's instruction and indoctrination. They have the right to do that.

Christopher Pyne, and his 2 puppets doing the curriculum review, want a specific type of morality ("their" version of Judeo/Christianity ethics) to be given more prominence ---- plus "their" version of Euro centric Westernisation to be more dominant. It's political correctness gone absolutely crazy.
Posted by PJack, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 2:44:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On page 7 of this thread a person called GrahamY wrote this personally abusive, inaccurate quote about me, "This poster is strongly bigoted against Christians and is using this as an opportunity to vent his spleen".

GrahamY wrote that after, I repeat .. AFTER, I had written the following quote earlier on about religions and religious belief. GrahamY please read the following quote 10 times, then show you are man enough to apologize - - -

"In a free and democratic society people have the basic human right to have ANY religious belief whatsoever. You have no right to force your opinion onto these people, or to forcibly stop those people from believing what they choose."

GrahamY --- I await your humble apology.

(I wonder if he'll censor this post like the way he's censored other things I've written in this topic?). Hmmm.
Posted by PJack, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 3:13:13 PM
There's no need for an apology PJack. You demonstrated bigotry in your first post. In the way you misdescribed and miscategorised a variety of people who happened to be Christians, and on the basis of this attributed an intention to them to introduce creationism into the school curriculum.

Just because you try and muddle it up by professing tolerance at some stage in a debate doesn't change your basic attitude.

Bigotry is defined as: "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself."

synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice;
antonyms: tolerance

Your comments are predudiced, biased, partial and partisan, as well as intolerant, sectarian, discriminatory, unfair and unjust. Seems to cover the gamut.
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 5:11:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for abuse.]
Posted by PJack, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 5:45:50 PM
Back to topic, PJack. Don't get too far up yourself.

The school curriculum, state by state: what needs to be revised, or dropped, or included ? 'Creationism' is a red herring.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 6:50:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13