The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > China and India Outsmart Green West

China and India Outsmart Green West

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Just looking at the international coverage from the Warsaw round, Australia seems to have “missed out” on much of the action with some 40 media reports covering stuff that we didn’t get.

The much vaunted emissions trading schemes at provincial level announced by China fell flat with the announcement from Warsaw that China and India had changed clause 2b. This confirms China’s tactic of creating local trading schemes as simply “opening an account” into which the industrial world can tip their taxes.

“The running joke in the negotiating halls was “2b or not to 2b.”

“delegates of 189 countries agreed to an amendment proposed by India and China to change the word “commitments” to “contributions” in paragraph 2b of the text, which forms the basis of the new climate treaty”.

“proposed emissions targets for discussion by March 2015 was watered down by adding that only those nations “ready to do so” would observe the deadline. The word “commitments” was replaced with the weaker “contributions”. The 130 are resisting setting their own binding targets, saying they must be allowed to continue expanding their economies”. --Ben Webster, The Times, 25 November 2013

“Ed Davey, the (UK) Energy and Climate Change Secretary, Speaking at the annual UN Framework Convention on Climate Change in Warsaw, he said: “We don’t accept the argument on compensation. We never have and we are not intending to start now.” The Times, 21 November 2013

“It is only one sentence in the coalition agreement, but it could mean the end of Germany’s green energy shift (Energiewende). The Christian Democrats (CDU) and Social Democrats (SPD) want to force the renewable industry to pay for conventional back-up energy generation. The business model of renewable energy operators would be destroyed.” Die Zeit, 22 November 2013 (in German)

“David Cameron (UK PM) has ordered ministers to ditch the ‘green crap’ blamed for driving up energy bills and making business uncompetitive”. Daily Mail, 21 November 2013

It seems that thanks to our (missing) media, we are being done over by China and our own media.
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 8:42:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
just make/sure tony..limits contribution'
to..5 billion..spent..at home..

its bad enough..he gave 9//billion to bail out the fed/
[by the time thats leveraged..that gives over 100/200billion..[oz]
to globalist money changer/and insurance bond underwriters..cabals

annyhow..im so over the green mail name calling
we[our planet]..lives in..the freezer/called outer/space
its the carbon that stops us freezing/or boiling to death

one volcano..releases more c02..than a yeaRS WORTH OF 'POLUTION]
[ENERGY CHANGING STATE]..
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 3:47:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
how much..does it cost..to..shut down..a volcano?

GOOD/LORD..imagine..TEN*
IMAGINE..all..the..c02 readings

money can/fix this?

http://rinf.com/alt-news/editorials/why-have-10-major-volcanoes-along-the-ring-of-fire-suddenly-roared-to-life/

Ten major volcanoes have erupted along the Ring of Fire during the past few months, and the mainstream media in the United States has been strangely silent about this. But this is a very big deal. We are seeing eruptions at some volcanoes that have been dormant for decades. Yes, it is certainly not unusual for two or three major volcanoes along the Ring of Fire to be active at the same time, but what we are witnessing right now is highly unusual. And if the U.S. media is not concerned about this yet, the truth is that they should be.

Approximately 90 percent of all earthquakes and approximately 80 percent of all volcanic eruptions occur along the Ring of Fire, and it runs directly up the west coast of the United States.

Perhaps if Mt. Rainier in Washington state suddenly exploded or a massive earthquake flattened Los Angeles the mainstream media would wake up. Most Americans have grown very complacent about these things, but right now we are witnessing volcanic activity almost everywhere else along the Ring of Fire

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-misery-index/

but..hey..energy cost..is up
75%
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10472758/Profits-at-Big-Six-energy-companies-rocket-75-as-bills-soar.html
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 27 November 2013 9:11:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spindoc while Labor ruled was happy to say we acted alone on carbon reduction.
Here he names the west green.
Enough said
The climate and its changing says the rest.
Who will hold those who say it is a fraud to account after the Liberals put a price on carbon emissions?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 November 2013 6:19:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Christmas will soon be upon us. It is that time of year when I heap upon you some of the nicest things you will hear about yourself on OLO.

I have no idea why you keep choosing to shoot the messenger but I feel the need to explain a couple of things.

<< Spindoc while Labor ruled was happy to say we acted alone on carbon reduction >>.

Not true Belly, I’ve never said that and I don’t believe it is true.

<< Here he names the west green.>> No Belly, these are European headlines that have not been published in Australia, that’s the whole point. Read it again and try to get the message. I did not name the West as Green, these were the headlines from Europe and not from me.

It is curious that you still avoid reading content and chose to “feel” the message, I suspect that is why you insist on attacking the messenger. Let me give you an example. You have persistently posted that I’m a radical right winger because I write for the Menzies Institute. This did not originate from you of course, it was in someone else's post but you adopted it because you thought it might be offensive. Why bother Belly?

What you don’t know and have never bothered to find out is that I did indeed write one article some four and a half years ago. Yet you repeatedly use this as ammunition to shoot the messenger on many of the OLO contributions I make. Why am I such a threat to you that requires you to abuse?

OK, lets get down to the article. If the developed nations have refused to sign up for binding emissions targets until the biggest emitters sign up, and the biggest emitters have refused to sign up at all, where does this leave a global emissions treaty?

Please Belly, Christmas is nearly here, try to control the personal issues and stick with the content.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Spindoc
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 28 November 2013 1:27:39 PM
Spindoc,

Good stuff!

It should have long been apparent to anyone with more that half a brain that most who attend(ed) those humorously hyped potlatches (aka climate summits) were there to see how many freebies they could garner.

And now --even those with less than half a brain should be able to see it too: as soon as anyone passes around the plate asking for a contribution --they're off, they no longer want to be a part of it.

Posted by SPQR, Friday, 29 November 2013 9:00:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy