The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The ABC-Keep, Scrap or Change?

The ABC-Keep, Scrap or Change?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Hasbeen,

I guess I have been around long enough to know when I am being fed a load of rubbish.
I know my way around the political scene and no I am not a left leaning individual, rather I read and listen to what is being presented and some times test its validity for others.
I find from my rather neutral viewpoint as a collector of data that the ABC has less bias than most and is far more professional in its presentation. This has little to do with like or dislike, rather more to do with reliable information.
Being raised in the country has been of some assistance as I did grow up knowing wheat from chaff. Important and valuable knowledge as it turns out.
Take it easy.

SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Monday, 28 October 2013 3:27:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree Shaggy Dog, as I too don't find the ABC programming leaning any way at all.
I'm thinking anyone who does think that way probably sees Reds Under The Beds as well!

The ABC is great for comprehensive news, as well as British made TV crime and comedy series, which are my favourite shows, so I watch it more than any other channel.
And we have Foxtel as well, so it is handy to record and link these great ABC series, so I never miss an episode, despite what time it is on.

I would like to see less promo adverts though, especially for those programs that may be a month or so away and we can practically do the advert ourselves by the time the show actually starts.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 28 October 2013 8:55:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Shaggy, but if Suse finds it middle of the road, it is obviously so far left, it is way off the road, & out into the paddock.

I could introduce you to a dozen previously rusted on ABC listeners, who all got turned off by the fool presenters & commentators, who thought they were being so subtle in their left spin, but merely alienated any thinking person who was not far left.

You can only have your intelligence insulted by fools for so long.

Even the evening news, since we got the new lady presenter is gone now. They must have started with an even more left news director, who no longer presents news, but spin.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 12:00:19 AM
The ABC usually makes it easy to detect lies and deceit. Whatever their bandwagon whether 'gay marriage'or the gw religion or Abbott not being electable or not able to stop the boats or reverse Gillards lie you can be pretty sure they will be wrong. They are a disgrace but do play a role in feeding the lefties what they want to hear.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 12:35:28 AM
Well then Hasbeen and Individual, if the ABC aren't leaning far enough to the loony right for you, then I assume you haven't watched it for ages?

If you have been watching it, in order to note this supposed left lean, then wouldn't that be hypocritical?

What channels do you watch then?
Or maybe you are too busy on OLO to watch any TV?
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 12:43:22 AM
Hasbeen,

I make my own assessment and judgement on what I see or hear on the ABC or any other media source for that matter.
Nothing is gospel. We are all biased to some degree, it is not just the prerogative of media sources.
Diminishing ones own bias is the message.

SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Tuesday, 29 October 2013 1:02:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy