The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Looney politician

Looney politician

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All
there are barely 1% of Muslims in Australia, so I doubt their vote meant much!
Suseonline,
Is this what you're trying to keep away from us ?
Islam in Australia is a minority religious group. According to the 2011 census, 476,291 people, or 2.2%[1] of the total Australian population were Muslims. This made Islam the fourth largest religious grouping,A major new study by the US-based Pew Research Centre has forecast a global surge in the Muslim population, with Australia and New Zealand among the nations expected to see the biggest rises.

In Australia, the Muslim community will grow from about 399,000 to 714,000 by 2030, an increase of 80 per cent.

In that time the non-Muslim population will increase by about 18 per cent.

This trend is even more dramatic in New Zealand, where there will be a 150 per cent rise in residents who adhere to Islam.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 September 2013 7:20:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

Why do I get the feeling when I read your
recent posts that someone else is driving...
(putting it as politely as possible).
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 September 2013 7:27:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

"In Australia, the Muslim community will grow from about 399,000 to 714,000 by 2030, an increase of 80 per cent.

In that time the non-Muslim population will increase by about 18 per cent."

By "2030" that gives you a "non-Muslim" population of around 27 million to a Muslim population of 714,000.

Yup.....be a while before they take over.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 29 September 2013 7:40:46 PM
I get the feeling when I read your
recent posts that someone else is driving...
Foxy,
wrong again as usual. Not someone else, my experience is in control of this vehicle.
If you want to dismiss my experience then I suggest you get out of your comfy library chair & get some experience yourself. Real life is somewhat different to reading books.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 September 2013 7:51:31 PM
Looks like another 'bright idea' coming from this generation of Labor.

Yep, with 1.2% of homosexuals in the community there is a dire need to have a quota system to ensure homosexuals are represented. I am not sure if Shorten means just Labor candidates or if he wants designated parliamentary seats for homosexuals.

You could say the same for buddists, hindus, muslims and all the other minority groups as well.

What is wrong with each party in electorates selecting the best candidate they can find, irrespective of the group he/she belongs to.

Shorten may have to think a little harder about Labor party reform.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 29 September 2013 9:42:03 PM
[Deleted for unacceptable language.]
Posted by Tony Lavis, Sunday, 29 September 2013 11:09:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All