The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Onya Bob!

Onya Bob!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Dear OTB,

You must know your limitations.
It is obvious from your posts that reasoned, mature,
intelligent discussion, is not your strong suit.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 30 September 2013 3:19:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting article Foxy.

So tell me,if we are in such great shape, why are people hurting so badly?
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 2 October 2013 5:23:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where are people hurting so badly?
Why are house prices pushing ever closer to a housing bubble?
Any thing to do with low interest rates?
Not sure how many things Abbott has retracted in just less than a month.
But he has put his planned return to a balanced budget back, and said we are in good shape.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 October 2013 5:51:52 AM
......and said we are in good shape.

So who are we surveying Belly, those on five figure incomes, or those in the real world, the majority, who survive on less than what's considered the average wage.

Sought that out and we may understand things a bit better.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 2 October 2013 8:35:47 AM
Rechtub!
Are things getting hard for you?
Do you understand *the average income* has always been a fraud?
Surely you know that.
What great unseen event put us in the poor house?
It must have missed me on the way past, not rich not well off, but hardly starving.
An averaging of all incomes is unbalanced, it makes those who make up the most, look to be earning far above what is true.
Now if you are saying we should do more for low income earners ,wage rises less tax then good on ya bloke!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 October 2013 3:02:39 PM
Belly I am fully aware of the scamy way our average income is calculated, however, anyone on less than $66K per year is far from well off.

As for the event you refer to, there is also suggestion that rather than us having dodged a bullet, that perhaps the bullet has not yet been fired.

There are those out there who think our dollar has fallen in value of late and, that it surged in value when it was above parity to the US dollar.

The fact is it is the US dollar that rises and falls and our dollar simply goes along for the ride.

The other critical issue we are about to face is the pending melt down of our coal industry, as it has been described by the CEO of xtrada, as turning to custard.

Why!, union demands by way of wanting to secure the wages and conditions their members enjoy, brought about when the value of coal was off the scale.

The simple fact is, wages in this sector must fall, and fast, before it's too late.

That's if it's not too late already.

Every commodity goes up and down in price, and wages must be allowed to follow.

Finally, no, I'm not doing it tough.

I have a local job in the bush, hide and seek for a grand a week we call it, I cut timber on my time off and enjoy the spoils of the CSG industry from my land.

AND, no staff, no landlord.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 4 October 2013 5:58:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy