The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now Kevin, that's the pot calling the kettle black!

Now Kevin, that's the pot calling the kettle black!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Oh come on Hasbeen, if you think that most people are going to vote for what is best for the country, and not for them or their families, then you are very naive.

Do you honestly think that anything Rudd or Abbott could come up with is for the good of the country, as opposed to the good of themselves or the party?

Get your head out of the sand man!
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 24 August 2013 7:04:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, & here I was thinking all you lefties were committed to the cause, I'm shocked. I have overestimated some of you.

Perhaps Suse, you are only in it for what you can get, but I very much doubt that goes for all our posters.

I'm damn sure that Belly votes with his heart, not his pocket, & I'm pretty sure many of our other posters do so as well.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 24 August 2013 7:42:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, People who vote for the same party, election after election, should really have a good look at themselves.
No party stays the same forever, and policies come and go.

Surely we need to see what is best for ourselves and our families first, and the political second?
As much as I can't stand Abbott's obvious shortcomings, I have to look at the whole party and their policies as a whole.

I don't consider myself 'left' or 'right' of anything!
I am what they call a swinging voter...
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 24 August 2013 10:07:17 PM
Dear Suse,

A swinging voter?

Me too.

I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.
3 times to make sure. ;-)

Now where have I heard that before...
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 24 August 2013 10:21:59 PM
That’s a very interesting list Banjo.

What that suggests to me is that Labor is a progressive party. It wants to get stuck into lots of good initiatives.

But lots of those things are very difficult! They are fraught with complications and opposition from short-term vested interests and people who are willing to simply knock anything that Labor does, and if they don’t go entirely according to plan, they get condemned in the mainstream media!

I wonder how the Coalition would compare.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 24 August 2013 10:34:32 PM
Ludwig,

"I wonder how the Coalition would compare."

Oh, they'd just sell off government assets - then stand around slapping each other on the back for the surplus.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 25 August 2013 12:16:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy