The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bob Katter, supporting both major parties at once.

Bob Katter, supporting both major parties at once.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Well, it's not often you see a minor party supporting both labor and the libs, but this is exactly what Bob Katters, Katters Austrailian Party has done, in pledging it's support for labor.

You see, one of the problems for the libs was always the likes of Bobs party, as his party threatened to take a portion of the conservative vote away from them, they being those who didnt want to vote for the libs, but most certainly wouldn't vote for labor.

With Bob Katters announcement that he was going to offer his preferences to labor, not only would i guarantee his members are lining up in their droves to resiegn, but his announcement has put his party in the unique position of supporting labor, while also assisting the libs at the same time, in other words, supporting both major parties at once.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 24 August 2013 2:14:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Eh rehctub?

I don’t get it.

How is Katter supporting the Libs??
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 24 August 2013 10:07:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig, he is supporting the libs by not taking away a portion of their conservative vote, something that was always going to be a concern with the minor parties such as his and Clive's

It truly is a unique situation in my view.

I was a member myself until yesterday.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 25 August 2013 6:43:17 AM
If you have a close look at Bob Katter, you find on many issues he is closer to conservative Labor than he is to the outright conservatism of the Liberal right. Katter will often support government intervention when he see's it as a (necessary) advantage for his constituency.
Butch, as a Green I like Bob, find his down to earth and genuine, if he improved his image on social justice issues I could actually vote for him. Well if The Katter Party is out with you, then there is always One Nation.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 25 August 2013 6:58:09 AM
I like Katter too, it is a pity he is not smarter.

He has really fallen for the global warming scam, whereas the left only use it to try to gain an edge.

His response to coal seam gas is totally emotive. If he was rational, & did a thorough investigation of the physics & chemistry involved it could be very advantageous to the rest of us. I find it impossible to get clean facts, from either side of the argument, rather than posturing on coal seam exploitation, which makes a rational evaluation impossible.

Unfortunately I get the feeling his stand on it is about compensation, rather than fear of damage to underground water. It makes so much sense to harvest the gas, rather than dig up the paddock to get the coal, that I like the idea, but The lack of real data on possible water table damage scares the whatnot out of me.

Going all emotive, rather than scientific is where he lost me.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 25 August 2013 10:52:16 AM
On my ballot I am preferencing Katter over both Labor and the Libs because of his opposition to coal seam gas extraction. Like his rural constituency he does not want the destruction of the agricultural potential of the land for a few year's profit and supply of energy. That is a far more important issue than what either Rudd or Abbott are blathering about.
Posted by david f, Monday, 26 August 2013 11:55:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy