The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > a motor vehicle accident

a motor vehicle accident

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I was in a motor vehicle accident, which has changed my way of life for the worse. I have found strong hard evidence to believe that my case was sabotaged by my lawyer, in a conspiracy amongst himself and my doctors. As a result, I lost my case and compensation - the accident was not my fault.

Could anyone give me advice on what I should do from here?
Posted by LT278, Sunday, 6 May 2007 9:34:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It wouldnt' surprise me if there was a conspiracy. I had a Solicitor act on my behalf in a different type of matter, but I dont really think it makes a difference what type of matter it is, and I too was convinced that they had come to an agreement between them that didn't include doing the right thing by my family. It seems like the Legal profession is in bed with those that do wrong.

Even when I wrote to a complaint to the Legal Services Commissioner, they said that they couldn't do anything because they don't consider anything a Solicitor does as gross enough to be the type of misconduct that they investigate.

http://jolandachallita.typepad.com/education/2007/05/solicitors_will.html

My children have continued to be targeted and victimsed year after year because the Solicitors didnt' act on written and agreed instructions, we are out of pocket $25,000 in solicitors fees, thousands of dollars in school fees, we have been through hell but the fact that it has had a gross impact on our lives and family is irrelevant. They system doesn't believe that Solicitors failing in their duty of care and breaching their own agreements and contracts is misconduct that is gross enough to count, it appears that somebody has to die for it to count.

I dont like your chances of getting justice in this system but certainly it doesn't hurt to try to make them answer. The biggest problem is that they have worked it out so that no matter what, they will destroy you financially. They shouldn't be allowed to treat people like this and not have to answer to anyone.
Posted by Jolanda, Monday, 7 May 2007 8:29:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More then 20 years ago I was involved in a car accident, where I was stationary behind other cars when two vehicles run in the back of me.
In the end the lawyer advised me I would be maximum get $2,000.00 compensation (for injuries) and this would have to cover also all medical expenses incurred and I would therefore still be out of pocket to pay his legal bills. He advised me the case would go to court and a barrister would attend and deal with the case to get the $2,000.00 and at least I would get something. He made clear, when I offered to go, I was not required to attend.
I didn’t trust them and so attended. The case was called up and I advised the Court that I was unable to locate the barrister. I requested the case to be adjourned for hearing later that day as at least to try to get the barrister.
I finally found the barrister in his office. Because I was there he had little choice to go to Court and I made clear that I demanded $30,000.00 plus cost medical paid as well all legal cost. He argued I was crazy! When we arrived at Court he had a brief discussion with the lawyers of the other party and then returned that I better accept $2,000.00 or they would withdraw it all together. I made clear that I would accept no less then $25,000.00 plus them paying medical cost and legal cost and that was my final decision and if they didn’t agree then I would take over the case myself and argue my own case in Court and more then likely would pursue perhaps double the amount. The lawyer then hastily went back to the other lawyers and having a marathon discussion of “less then one minute” returned to announce the other party had accepted to settle.
In my view, my lawyers had been trying to con me, but I was lucky enough to stand up for my rights and succeeded.

Perhaps tape conversations with lawyers, just in case.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 1:06:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LT278. I was thinking about this and I remembered what happened to my mum. I was young. We were in a car accident where a drunk driver crossed over to the wrong side of the road and hit us head on. We were all injured and went to hospital. I lacerated my forehead requiring 10 stitches. My mother badly injured her neck and back. She had to even undergo a spinal fusion and traction and all sorts of things. The Police were surpised that we were all alive and intact.

The matter went to Court and my mother got next to nothing for her injuries, medical bills or for her pain and suffering. My mother and father believe that she was ripped off and that something wasn't right.

When there is no process or avenue to make people accountable then there exists an environment open to abuse.
Posted by Jolanda, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 11:14:11 AM
Why arent people seeking second opinions? You would with a doctor if you didnt agree with a diagnosis, or felt you werent given enough consideration. Number one rule in engaging professionals is to seek additional opinions until you find someone that sees your point, or at least explains why your point is not valid, to your satisfaction. Ask people around you if they have found someone that they like - word of mouth is usually the safest advertising to believe.
Posted by Country Gal, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 11:31:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Country Girl it isn't that easy. Usually Solicitors are referred. When your Solicitor has already billed you for large amounts of money and is waiting for finalisation of the matter to be paid you cannot just change. You would have to organise for the Solicitor to provide you with a bill and you would need to get the money to pay the Solicitor out in order to get your papers and transfer everything. Then the new Solicitor would pretty much have to start again. It costs an arm and a leg. The vast majority of the people do no have the money so they feel trapped.

Since you cant get out you hold the belief that if the matter is going to a Court of Law that there you will be treated fairly. It is not until after it happens that you become aware and then it is too late and you are financially, emotionally, socially and psychologically battered and you do not have the money to do anything about it. Its like it is happening all again.

The system is set up so that financially if you question them you are ruined.
Posted by Jolanda, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 11:40:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy