The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are views on diversity linked with other personal factors?

Are views on diversity linked with other personal factors?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hello :)

I'm working with a group of students from UWS on a psych project and we are interested in seeing whether Australians' views on diversity (e.g. culture, sexuality) are linked to other personal factors (e.g. Your view of Australian identity, self esteem etc). Do you think there are certain things that would make people more appreciative of diversity?

If you are interested in participating in a short 20min survey on the topic here's the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VZL795T

If you complete the survey, it would be great if you are over18 and an Australian citizen or permanent resident

Thanks!!
Posted by dleu3071, Monday, 12 August 2013 7:50:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems like something to do with acceptance of certain issues one predominantly being acceptance of multiculturalism.

Lot of reversed questions, ask it in a different way to see if you answer the same.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 13 August 2013 1:43:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
May I ask a few question of our student teenager?
Being now well above my teens, late 60,s I can remember the views I held at about your age.
They make me blush now.
I am no longer even related to that young me.
Are you both aware of this and too that your question air may bring results you do not like.
Are we lessor for that difference.
Is it OK to just put the differences down to our age.
Or is that a benefit in such polls, living history in one person.
I will do the poll but think a cultural cringe is in existence, that unpopular views are said to be the view of folk on the margins.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 13 August 2013 6:30:36 AM
I got a long way in to the thing.
But saw it as an effort to call free thinkers bigots by the second page.
Did not bother to finish.
It is as expected caste in such a way the results can be made to show any result wanted.
To the author this mate, as is the case with many false polls set in a way to get the wanted results, why not just lie?
After all such tilted polls are in the end a lie.
Muslim Migration and enclave,s is after all its own worst enemy.
Ask the grand children of past successful migrations why they both are proud of their two cultures and increasingly afraid of todays troubles.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 13 August 2013 6:52:09 AM
Yeah Belly, I get the impression to that the first half of the test determines whether the respondant is a "Bigot" then the other half is a test of the levels of empathy and sympathy in "Bigoted" people.
So really all that the survey does is test a Strawman argument, ie "Bigots" must lack empathy and see things in terms of Black and White.
People who see things in black and white are usually of low intelligence, so "bigotry" isn't so much a lack of empathy or the ability to sympathise with others as much as it is a lack of the intellectual capacity to understand the world and the fact is that there are just as many plug ignorant egalitarians as there are stupid anti-egalitarians.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 13 August 2013 8:13:47 AM
History tells us that it is not pride, but diversity that comes before, or perhaps during a fall.

The Rome that conquered the then world was a monoculture, the one that collapsed had become a very diverse one.

A look through history will convince any fair minded researcher of the fact that diversity causes failure. It is only a common purpose that can unite a people, & lead to greatness.

Of course, most biased researchers will find enough partial examples of whatever they want, to be able to fool some of the people some of the time
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 13 August 2013 11:16:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy