The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Welfare is the only real option for manufacturing.

Welfare is the only real option for manufacturing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I really think UOG does not undewrstand how factories work.
The tradesmen learnt their trade in the maintenance shop.
They worked with tradesmen on machine mainteance etc etc.
Installing new machinery fixing faults etc etc.

They seldom had any experience on production work unless
they were manufacturing electrical equipment.
They were not process workers.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 14 August 2013 5:36:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, the question is how do we transition to such a state ?
Bazz,
With a national service, that's how ! We need to get the bright ones out of the indoctrination clinics & into a national service to give them a chance to be able to think. The rest will fall into place rather quickly.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 14 August 2013 9:29:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BAZZ..quote<<..I really think UOG does not understand how factories work.>>

i have worked at dandy/kr/goldencircle so know 'factories'
done a lot of shutdowns/began at woolies even tanned/classed leather
and a panel beating shop/mexican food joint..plus some contracted work

i presume to know..something..re factories

<<The tradesmen learnt their trade in the maintenance shop.>>

lol the maintenance shop..
i worked in them..too
in the electrical generation/aluminaplants/fertilizer 'factories'

<<They worked*with tradesmen
on machine mainteance etc etc.>>

yes i too have oiled and greased..
replaced broken bits..etc..retubed condenser's..replaced bearings

<<Installing new machinery fixing faults etc etc.>>

ditto

so i can agree

<<They seldom had any experience..on production work ..>>
<<They were not process workers.>>

nor am i

even during my national service
i was at raeme..still repairing ..broken bits

installing restoring/recovering..arms/vehicles..etc..even designed/built my own home..but that dont translate..into valid comment

so i go
leave it to the trained expert$$
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 15 August 2013 8:16:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
UOG said;
lol the maintenance shop..
i worked in them..too
in the electrical generation/aluminaplants/fertilizer 'factories'

Well then, why don't you understand ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 15 August 2013 11:55:52 AM
Banjo>> All our manufacturing investors went overseas, since Whitlam abolished tariffs.<<

Banjo all political parties were and are in favour of abolishing tariffs. The IMF and the bloody U.N. call the shots regardless of who we vote for. For some reason the gravity and net result of letting them strip us of our protectionism is something the "average" Aussie either does not know, understand, or believe. But given the entire first world has been stripped of manufacturing, I don't hear the Northern Hemisphere denizens screaming for the introduction of protectionism......sheeeple just like us.

…take a peek at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aHC2tSmRM
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 16 August 2013 4:59:04 PM
sonofgloin,

Thanks for the youtube link concerning the Lima Declaration.
Most interesting; much food for thought; very relevant to the discussion on this thread.
Highly recommended for a look by all interested in this discussion.

How to lift Oz out of the current downward manufacturing and industrial spiral will be interesting indeed. Wages, conditions, government red-tape and cost impositions, and our governments' inability or unwillingness to support the development of local industry (as distinct from our overseas-owned automotive industry), are all relevant, and it appears that our government's commitment to the Lima Declaration substantially locks us in to this road to our own self-destruction.
Our only out may come when we are no longer considered a 'developed' nation - but by then our 'resurrection' would be very hard indeed.
The sooner we can opt out of the Lima Declaration the better - particularly as it appears that its key underlying objective is to keep the world's bankers rolling in 'the green', by exploiting both the 'developed' and the 'developing' nations; and with the UN taking a cut of the action.

The opposite tack - towards protectionism and self-sufficiency - may provide our only escape from this looming vortex.
We must ensure our assured long-term ability to export more than we import, but without destroying our environment to do it - as could occur if we mined everything without due regard for downstream consequences - and this can only be guaranteed if we are able to establish a large and comprehensive manufacturing capability, by whatever means necessary, no ifs or buts.

I look forward to our governments addressing this need, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
The clock is ticking; but Nero appears to be fiddling - if not unconcernedly asleep at his post.
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 17 August 2013 12:59:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy