The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Negative Politics

Negative Politics

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Sbr108 mate, yes it astounds me that on the face of it, rational individuals discount fact for membership. My team right or wrong is the type of tribalism rhetoric that Goebbels used to blind 60 million Germans to reality. The Fabians via the “Labor” party have done it to the First World…..only the homogeneity is not blood lines but ideology..

Lexi>> One wears glasses and a smile
The other - a sneer on his big-eared dial<<

Lexi my “Pam Ayres” belle, do you judge all on the superficial….do results, track record and unfulfilled promises mean nothing as long as they emanate from your side of the fence?

Belly>> Cheeky post and brave<<

Is that code for forthright and factual china?

Suseonline>> but I have never felt so strongly against a party leader before.
And I know I'm not alone<<

Suse, are you old enough to recall radio station 2JJ, now 2JJJ?
An ABC funded station that ran a political parody skit called “How Green was my Cactus.” John Howard was lambasted for his appearance his speech and his politics….I did not think he was a capable minister let alone PM.

But he got the job and did well, achieving a statesman like persona that did not embarass me when he went abroard. It is too early to judge Abbott. He is not the PR machines choice, from his look to his cumbersome croaky delivery of uhms and ahs he is not a salable asset.

In saying that, Abbott delivered the single most honest stream of verbiage that I have ever heard from a politician. He told us that you can only bank on what he puts in writing or formally acknowledges, and the fools who cry for honesty in government shot him down for it.

But integrity is what I want…from left and right….I did not find it in Rudd or Gillard, I may not find it in Abbott….but we don’t know yet.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 14 July 2013 12:08:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is it worth the risk, that is what the people are saying. Abbott is unknown quantity but we shouldn't have to elect him to find out.
Can't he say something, he wants us to trust an unknown.
The idea will be to create an unemployment pool, so wages and conditions can be attacked. There has got to be another way, that sort of thinking can only make the ball go around again and again. Why do liberals get themselves out of govt;. Because they attack the worker.
It can't be much fun selling your house because you can't pay the mortgage.
QLD changed govt; with the promise of good things to come. Their rising debt says it all. With all the sackings it has not worked.
Power prices out of control and will remain that way until they privatise.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 14 July 2013 12:33:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SOG,

If I really went for the superficial - as you suggest,
I'd be buying
the dark blue suit, white shirt, and blue tie
of the newly presented Mr "Nice" Abbott instead
of the old nasty, negative, nay saying guy
we all know. But I'm not!
And I'd also be buying the Coalitions "Plan for
all Australians," that has no detailed policies -
but is full of "motherhood statements," which
even Malcolm Turnbull was embarrassed to discuss
on "Q and A," last Monday evening.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 14 July 2013 12:41:47 PM
Doog the subject is politics.
If make statements about the Mad Monk being an unknown you are too young to comment.
Goggle the man, his bitter ways, his admitting to lying.
His while Minister for health cuts and attempts to imprison both Hanson and a young couple for using the abortion pill?
Or do I have humble pie to eat?
For your post to make sense you should say you meant unloved.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 14 July 2013 1:42:11 PM
Belly,
we're all aware of what Abbott did wrong & we'll let him know in no uncertain terms if he does it again. Rudd has done a lot more wrong yet you're not denouncing him ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 14 July 2013 6:36:35 PM
The original comment shows a lack of understanding of both fiat money in a sovereign state and the proper economic role of the sovereign (money issuing) government.

Neglecting the effect of the balance of trade, if the money issuing government runs a surplus, it removes more money from the economy than in puts in so the private systems financial wealth goes down. That is a simple accounting truth. Over the business cycle, from peak to peak, the sovereign debt should grow at least by the same percentage as the economy grew.

The role of the sovereign government is to counteract the fluctuations in enthusiasm of the private sector. The mining sector is a recent example. China was expanding rapidly and the demand for iron ore and coal was rising. Miners became over enthusiastic and too many projects to expand supply were started. As those excessive increases in output capacity came on line, the ore and coal prices fell and the enthusiasm dissipated. The rapid expansion of the mining industry adversely distorted the market opportunities in other fields and we now have the need for more government provided "stimulated" demand for both goods and services.

Banks only create debts offset by an increase in the banks assets. The indebtedness of citizens to the banks removes demand from other market sectors so employment opportunities fall and government stimulus becomes necessary. A boom in the housing market removes spending power from the younger generation. It is adverse to the real interests of my grandchildren.

Most of those who comment on economic matters on these site need to read up the blogs at New Economic Perspectives posted by the Economics Department of the University of Missouri, Kansas City.

Bernacke in the USA with his Quantitative Easing, that is mainly rescuing the speculators and white collar criminals who caused the GFC, and the Neo-liberal economists imposing austerity in Europe are wrong.
Posted by Foyle, Monday, 15 July 2013 11:01:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy