The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Surprise surprise, parental leave enquiry.

Surprise surprise, parental leave enquiry.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Are politicians, (from both sides) born dumb, or do they change when they enter the political arena.

Here we have yet another enquiry, into why women are being unfairly treated by parental leave laws.

Well, HELLO, what did they expect!

It's not rocket science, but what these pollies seem to forget is that a BUSINESS is what dictates the hours of work, not THE BOSS.

These fools just care about how workers are treated and give little to no real regards to the needs of the most important link in the whole chain, THE BUSINESS.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 22 June 2013 11:39:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Can not help my self, I begin to itch and get angry when both hands go in the air and each wiggles two fingers while the mouth says *they say*
Our some one utters the words *build a bridge* a bridge and get over it*
or well *hollo* does it too.
Notice how these words and actions have sneaked in to our speakers?
And that rather than address the issue at hand, show not under standing, they hide the fact no answer is coming.

Rechtub will not know, based only on his statement that Abbott has a scheme, a bigger scheme, to pay women to have children.
If old mate that annoys you? build a bridge and get over it.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 June 2013 6:25:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I am no fat of parental leave, no matter who brings it in.

But the fact remains, that once agin I have warned this would happen, unfairness to women, once PL was introduced.

You see, I was an employer and know how many of them think, and havimg a gun held to their head is not how you treat business owners.

As for parental leave assistance, I do think parents should perhaps be allowed to use a portion of their super while on PL, as this would be fair, as after all, they are the ones choosing to have children.

They (the intending parents) could even contribute a little more while planning their family.

Either way, the burden must be taken away from business, as business in this country is about to get the biggest shake up we have seen for decades, as mining declines and China slows or goes elsewhere.

Watch this space I say.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 23 June 2013 7:49:57 AM
The "right wing" vision for Australia appears to me to be an East meets West fusion like South Korea or Singapore, heavy state management of the economy but with a socially conservative,Christian/Islamic popular culture. In Korea they have fairly generous parenting allowances which are means tested and a state held parental leave insurance plan in which parents can claim up to 40% of their wage for twelve months.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 23 June 2013 11:18:50 AM
I am not sure we all understand this leave, no matter how we fund it, is paid by us.
I am sure the recent cutting of baby bonus was a good move.
Some folk had unloved and neglected children, for the cash.
I am sure we can give something to parents to help.
But against *any welfare* to those not in need of it.
We will be confronted by many such inquiry's and even cuts all too soon.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 June 2013 4:12:15 PM
It all goes back to the 1970s when the government forced financial
authorities to lend on both incomes.

Women thought they had made a really good gain in equality.
The poor dears did not understand that if you double the amount of
money in any market the prices rise to meet the amount of money available.
Now, surprise surprise they need two incomes to pay the mortgage.
Therefore if they have a baby they have to get the money to pay the
mortgage.
Hence they have babies too late in life with all the troubles that brings.

Where do they get that extra money, why from where they get their money when working of course.

I know the ladies on here will be offended but tough titties thems
the facts of life.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 24 June 2013 1:33:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy