The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland magistrate questions niqab in court

Queensland magistrate questions niqab in court

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I see a News Ltd story about a magistrate questioning the right of an islamic female to wear a full face covering in court. As expected, islamic spokesmen have jumped to her assistance. Wonder why the question of why an unaccompanied islamic female was wandering about the city wasn't considered germane ??
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 13 June 2013 10:56:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Prax: Wonder why the question of why an unaccompanied Islamic female was wandering about the city wasn't considered germane.

Better read the story again mate. She was with her husband. He was charged as well but there was no further mention of him. As for the Muslim Clerics. Some did say that it wasn't necessary & some said it was. I’m not a big fan of Muslims either mate but be accurate.

What worries me is that the Magistrate gave her 6 months probation. I’d have thrown the keys in the Ocean for what she did to her child.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 14 June 2013 9:14:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
for what she did to her child.
Jayb,
please explain ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 15 June 2013 12:26:01 PM
Indy: for what she did to her child. Jayb, please explain?

I quote from the paper. "Brisbane Magistrate John Costello was sentencing a woman who pleaded guilty to leaving her baby, 4.5 months, in a car in direct sunlight with the windows wound up for 45 minutes last year. Mr. Costello sentenced the woman to 6 months probation."

The husband was charged too but it didn't mention what sentence he got.

Is that a good enough explanation, indy?

I suppose, in the great scheme of things, it was only a Muzzie kid anyway. Who cares.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 15 June 2013 2:16:28 PM
Who cares.
Jayb,
Just because the parents didn't doesn't make it a wise thing to make a comment like that. It's a shame to see that there are people who continue to think two wrongs make a right.
I didn't know what the case was hence my asking.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 15 June 2013 6:23:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy