The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Constitutional Monarchy or Republic ??

Constitutional Monarchy or Republic ??

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Seems the dying duck & Turnbull are again on the republic warpath. Wonder if this attempt will be yet another blatant power-grab like 1999 or or whenever it was or if the clowns have come to the conclusion that the majority 'apparently' want a popularly elected 'el president'.

I notice that many if not most proposed republican models retain a prime minister & some even find places for our completely pointless oxygen-bandit governors. Why would we want to retain a tribe of grossly expensive / high maintenance albeit totally useless no-hopers ??

On that last point, my understanding of the function of governors / governor-general is keeping an eye on the running of governments. Given the present situation in Queensland whereby there is a steadily growing dissatisfaction with the Newman / Seeney / Nicholls dictatorship, to the point where a vote of no confidence is becoming more likely with each passing day. To date only the absence of an opposition is standing in its way, although there are moves to rectify that.

None of the several parties of my acquaintance who have attempted to open discourse with governors / governor-general or even Queen Lizzie have received any response. All indications are that none of these people take their positions seriously, apart that is from gladly accepting whatever funds & perks we throw at them. Enough I say !!
Posted by praxidice, Friday, 7 June 2013 11:05:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Prax,

Bring it on.

Let the public decide and vote online.
Public Libraries could easily provide
access to computers for those who don't
have one at home.

Let the voters decide.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 7 June 2013 7:09:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Lexi, I'm with you.

Prax, what do you propose we do here in QLD to repay the HUGE DEBT that is the legacy of the Beaty/Bligh government?

Other than the cuts brought about by the current government, how else do you propose we pay down this HUGE DEBT?

Surely it's not fair to simply criticize without at least having some solution!,
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 8 June 2013 6:45:59 AM
rehctub

My intention with this discussion was to get a halfway independent overview what 'ordinary' folk think. I don't expect much opposition to my premise that anything from the mainstream media is rigged

I have no doubt Queensland is in financial poo, although the actual extent thereof is unknown. Whilst the Blighters will be remembered in history as easily the most inept state gubmunt in history, its also clear that the Newman / Seeney / Nicholls dictatorship has somewhat less than a fleeting acquaintance with the truth.

All that aside, I don't believe it would be particularly difficult to rectify the situation, we all know there is an unbelievable amount of our money being squandered, just the cost of supporting the growing army of has-been parasites alone would be horrific if we knew the details. I was amazed to see many of the republic models propose retaining governors & governor-general. Why FFS would anyone in their right mind want to keep a mob of utterly useless parasites whose existence is taken up swanning around opening stuff ?? Its all very well to say 'let the sheeple decide', but when the options presented to the sheeple are all hopelessly rigged in favour of the parasites, what does that prove ??
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 8 June 2013 9:38:07 AM
Prax,
I think you should put a sock in it.

Firstly anyone, including the media, can see that Swanny was grasping at straws in raising the matter and stupid Turnbull went along with it.

I remind you that we have already voted on the matter and further that the One Nation party, that you seem to greatly support, was opposed to change. In fact it was the effort of One Nation that was responsible for keeping the status Quo.

The main focus at this point is to be rid of the present incompetents and leave the side issues alone.

Labor is desperate to try anything to gain a few votes so best not to give them any oxygen. Issue best ignored.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 8 June 2013 10:12:37 AM
Banjo

My beef about RAbbott & One Nation concerns the blatant destruction of sheeples right to freedom of expression. Whether or not you or I or anyone else agrees with Paulines arguments is irrelevant, she had every right to her say, and RAbbott didn't like that.

The reason the 1999 episode failed was because the sheeple saw through the power grab

There is little doubt the red-headed witch is done like a dinner, however a gubmunt without opposition is a scarey situation, consequently I sincerely hope even such a disastrous mob don't suffer a wipeout to the extent we saw in Queensland.
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 8 June 2013 10:27:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy