The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cap the population or health care will depend on the roll of the dice

Cap the population or health care will depend on the roll of the dice

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Voterland, yes indeed the ever-increasing demand for all services and infrastructure due to very rapid population growth is a CRITICAL factor. Not just in Sydney but in the whole country.

Not only does it PREVENT us from significantly improving, health, education, roads and just about everything else, it necessitates enormous expense on these things in order to just try and maintain the same quality of service for ever-more people. And we’re failing at it!

It also makes the federal and state budgets impossible to balance, and causes our pollies to make undeliverable promises, and hence causes us to have great disdain for them.

In short, it is leading to the large-scale degradation if not destruction of our society.

It is of such utterly fundamental importance that we learn the significance of balancing the demand with the supply capability, in regards to all manner of resources, services and infrastructure, and our economic wherewithal to do it.

Instead of doing this, we are forever striving to increase the supply capability, while making absolutely no attempt to even slow the increasing demand, let alone bring it into balance with our ability to support it.

It’s utter MADNESS!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 8:29:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome to the Post Peak Oil World
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 8:46:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't be to concerned about Sydney, as no doubt the same thing will happen there, as did here in QLD.

The government encouraged southerers to move here in their droves, as many as 1000 each and every week, but they failed to provide the infrastructure and we are now in decline.

I hate to say this over and over again, but it's a labor thing, trough and through, and now, not being content with stuffing up the states, they have taken their wrecking ball the the entire country.

The ironic part about it all, is that come September, and post election, it will be someone elses mess, and they (labor) will have the nerve to play the blame game.

The illegals debacle will be our biggest challenge, and how on earth we are going to fix it, other than with brute force, I just don't know.

But what I do know is that it was under control pre Kevin 07, and that speaks volumes to me.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 9:26:23 AM
Yes rehctub, & I was just reading that internal labor polling is saying Rudd will probably be the only Labor MP elected in Qld at the coming election. It really does say something, that the worst of them, the one responsible for most of the stuff ups is likely to get back, when all the rest have gone. God can't they still pick a looser can't they.

The ridicules thing with failure to supply necessary services is that it is so easy to fix. Just stopping immigration would do it.

With that stopped we might even be able to afford a defense force again.

Hell wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a country where if you want directions in any of our major cities, you could not only find someone who spoke English to ask, but a citizen who was happy to help you.

Yes I know, ridiculous as it is, that is more likely today in Singapore or Hong Kong.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 11:24:58 AM
Belly -
Quote "It will/has already bought the chop off their heads group." You just can't help yourself with your childish sarcastic remarks.

Why not join in the discussion I will remind you of something you said.
Quote "I come here for intellectual stimulation, not the very opposite."

It also has to be noted you failed 6 times to answer questions to explain how you arrived at a conclusion on the other thread after making ridiculous statements attacking me.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 12:43:17 PM
Bazz interesting story about peak oil.
America it seems is near and about to become, independent in oil.
Shale oil has made that happen.
And is putting presure on OPEC as it was the worlds greatest user of oil.
Not sure a case can be made we are past peak oil or close to it while such news is breaking.
Ludwig, answers must be found to cut costs and not services in health, if that is what the thread is about.
Good bad, no matter what brand you give to population growth , and I say it is needed.
We are not going to get it, yet, or even soon.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 4 June 2013 2:46:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy