The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > jennifer hawkins

jennifer hawkins

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
whats everyones thoughts on jennifer hawkins?
personaly i think shes a great role model for women,
again i see her doing charity -
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320105752079
Im thinking of bidding on this. pity it is ending soon.
Posted by donisgood, Monday, 30 April 2007 11:28:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sure she's nice enough but there are far better role models out there. She hasn't introduced any brilliant concepts to society, nor has her fame been generated by selfless efforts. I certainly don't blame her for becoming miss universe, but there's nothing heroic or selfless about it. Sure, charity work's good and so's putting your profile to good use, but it's hardly an effort that inspires the masses.
If some poor schmuck on the street with no profile does similar charity things, are they feted at the same level as stars?

So, no I don't think she's a great role model. She's not a bad one, but a Fred Hollows nor Muhammed Yunus she ain't.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 30 April 2007 8:06:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think the average male (myself included) could give a rodent's earlobe whether Jennifer Hawkins does or doesn't do charity work. :D
Posted by shorbe, Tuesday, 1 May 2007 9:40:59 AM
Jennifer is a celebration of beauty, pure and simple.

I do not judge the beauty of a flower by how effective its petals attract bees. That is political-correctness.
Posted by GZ Tan, Tuesday, 1 May 2007 11:45:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy